Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #321
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It looks like we will be getting a Detective Batman at long last. Its only taken 75 + years.

http://collider.com/batman-director-...tective-movie/
I'm encouraged by this direction Matt Reeves is attempting to aim for. Hopefully the scriptwriters gel with his vision.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:39 AM   #322
Parallax
Nightwing

If there was ever a dream team I'd want on a project, this would be one. Despite what people say, Snyder does get Batman. He took Batman a step further than everyone else was willing to (Frank Miller aside) but he gets the character, he gets Bruce Wayne, and I think Justice League will prove that he understands Batman.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:01 AM   #323
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'll go ahead and disagree with that after BvS. But I'm hoping Geoff Johns' involvement from here on out corrects some of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Agreed.
From a visual,aesthetic and how he is supposed to play out in a live action movie I think he does.

Batffleck was a force of nature unlike those before him. I have never seen a more brutish batman , I mean this is an older batman surely the years have taken it's toll on him like it does in the comic. Batman was never at the edge of an abyss but was sliding down towards one.

IMHO
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:58 AM   #324
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
If there was ever a dream team I'd want on a project, this would be one. Despite what people say, Snyder does get Batman. He took Batman a step further than everyone else was willing to (Frank Miller aside) but he gets the character, he gets Bruce Wayne, and I think Justice League will prove that he understands Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
From a visual,aesthetic and how he is supposed to play out in a live action movie I think he does.

Batffleck was a force of nature unlike those before him. I have never seen a more brutish batman , I mean this is an older batman surely the years have taken it's toll on him like it does in the comic. Batman was never at the edge of an abyss but was sliding down towards one.

IMHO
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #325
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Synder gets the dark brooding Batman but i do think he does not get Superman. I did like MoS a lot but its not the Superman a lot of us have grown up with. We will see if he gets WW in JL as there was not enough in BvS to determine.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #326
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Synder gets the dark brooding Batman but i do think he does not get Superman. I did like MoS a lot but its not the Superman a lot of us have grown up with. We will see if he gets WW in JL as there was not enough in BvS to determine.
I reckon he had plenty of input in WW. I am sure he understands that people want less nihilism and lil more light hearted humor. Unfortunatley Snyder can't do humor, the jokes will fall flat. I still am optimistic though. I must confess I am a little bored of his style though,Patty borrowed plenty for her WW's action scenes . It's not entirely his fault though hollywood really milked those super slow mo action scenes, that's why seeing something like John Wick was so refreshing . I want to see more of the Batman warehouse scene style paced action. No slo mo just great positioning and minimal editing.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:17 AM   #327
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
I'm encouraged by this direction Matt Reeves is attempting to aim for. Hopefully the scriptwriters gel with his vision.
Agreed, although at this point I'm more concerned about the studio getting behind the vision.

I'm sick of hearing the term 'creative differences'.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #328
Parallax
Nightwing

Zack Snyder cast Gal Gadot and wrote the Wonder Woman movie. I think he gets the characters very well, people just don't want to wait for character development to bring those characters to their full potential. What he's been doing with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman is shaping the real world into the DC Universe. Justice League will be the culmination of that.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:36 PM   #329
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Jason Momoa posted this today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW1fs0kHcx1/

I honestly think they might announce the Green Lantern(s) actor(s) today.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #330
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote