Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > From our Bench

Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #71
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm not sure if your purposely trolling here. My response was to a sculptor asking about posting his work. Not about people posting their collection.
I don't troll when I post on this forum. You didn't quote anyone in your other post so I assumed you were referring to D-Rod's post. There was no way to tell.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #72
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

What was the post directly above mine? Why would I respond to Danny's first post? Seriously how long have you been posting on here. In future if your not clear don't quote me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #73
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
As long as you describe your work as a 1 of 1 piece you should be good.
Cheers Bullseye
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #74
WRossi
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

How about a guards vs. Inmates football game to clear the air guys? Say at a coming venue which I know a ton of us will be at....lol.
notice I didnt use a named venue there, just in case SKYNET is watching. Painters vs.mods, any takers?id still play even if I was my teams only player. Lol.
Guys its like this. I was pissed but it is what it is. They make the rules, regardless if theyre contradicting or tailored its a wrap. Its like arguing with your teachers and principal in high school. Going no where fast. We can be labeled as lurkers or called out for only 200 post in a year...ahhh. the humanity.lol. but end of the day we have the talent. I rem how many views my threads had..and you guys as well. We didnt come to sculptors corner or painters to see what the mods did recently, more like the other way around. Regardless that sticks a fork in it. Over and out.
WRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #75
Darth Kinetic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I will simply put " Not for Sale" in all of my posts.
Darth Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #76
rvbhal
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
As long as you describe your work as a 1 of 1 piece you should be good.
Understood .
rvbhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #77
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRossi View Post
How about a guards vs. Inmates football game to clear the air guys? Say at a coming venue which I know a ton of us will be at....lol.
notice I didnt use a named venue there, just in case SKYNET is watching. Painters vs.mods, any takers?id still play even if I was my teams only player. Lol.
Guys its like this. I was pissed but it is what it is. They make the rules, regardless if theyre contradicting or tailored its a wrap. Its like arguing with your teachers and principal in high school. Going no where fast. We can be labeled as lurkers or called out for only 200 post in a year...ahhh. the humanity.lol. but end of the day we have the talent. I rem how many views my threads had..and you guys as well. We didnt come to sculptors corner or painters to see what the mods did recently, more like the other way around. Regardless that sticks a fork in it. Over and out.
I am only going to warn you once. If you have a question, ask. Being a narcissist or trying to be cute with a jab will only get you where you thought you'd be and that would be out. I'm not doing this to boost your ego and if you knew me, you'd know I don't need mine boosted. I'm trying to be helpful and respectful, please don't make me change my mind. From you, all I need is one, a very small one at that.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #78
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quite amazing really some of the attitude being doled out here toward the site owners and mods. At the end of the day its simple: it belongs to the owner and they can do what they want with it. They pay the fees for the site hosting etc and, along with the mods, put in the hard work to run it. They are providing a free service and asking nothing from you other than to follow their rules so that they don't get any grief from the likes of DC and marvel. If they unlike many other sites choose to follow the rues and not want mention of kits etc then that's their choice (regardless of how ridiculous it may seem that other sites flaunt the rules or not).

At the end of the day its a free world so if you don't like it there's plenty other sites you can visit where the rules are less restrictive in the sense of kits etc.

I'm not a frequent visitor to the painter's section so don't know much of your plight. But really, are you seriously not going to be able to express yourself because there are some rules in place with regards to what you can show? All it requires is thinking outside the box a bit or exploring new avenues for your work. If you find it too strict here then again, there's plenty of other places on the web
as an outlet for expressing yourself.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #79
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I just wanted to chime in and thank the mods for what they're doing. Obviously instituting any sort of new or more restrictive rules is going to step on some toes, but most of those toes should have known better from the get-go. These rules aren't put in place to rain on anyone's parade, they're put in place to keep this forum alive and free from cease and desist orders.
This definitely isn't the first time I've seen these sections closed down for housekeeping in my time here (though this is obviously the most drastic) but I feel that even though it might seem like a step back to some, it really is step in the right direction. I'm really glad that the mods are holding people responsible for their actions, as the past clean ups have all ended the same. The rules are followed for a couple weeks, then there's some "sly" mentions of kits etc and then it gets right back into blatant talk of kits. Having people police their own threads with cut back on the work that the mods have to do, and hopefully keep inappropriate talk to a minimum.
Folks just need to realize that this is a public forum, and that private messages are there for a reason. Sculpting something awesome? Showcase your hard work in this public forum! Asking about something that may conflict with copyright laws? Send it in a private message since it is exactly that, private.
Sorry for the rant, it just bugs me whenever the forum goes through these changes and the mods start getting all sorts of flack from people. They wouldn't have to be firm and 'dictatorly' if people would just use their melons, read and obey the rules.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #80
tamato
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post
;(

I started my sculpting journey with that forum. Its really sad to see it go , but hey, we gotta do what we gotta do right.

I like boondogs idea. Ill go with that.
As long as we can still learn from each other , ( which is the main
point ) Ill be contempt .

Mufizal
I think you meant "Content" (totally different meaning there )
tamato is offline   Reply With Quote