Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #231
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I believe the foundation is rotten but i hope the JL will turn out good.

I don't feel much enthusiastic as a guy whose pull list is heavly dc, as a comic book guy who really likes the characters. Becuse the dc movies's foundation is rotten. This really saddens me, i could never ever guess, i wouldn't be enthusiastic about JL's first movie... But i'm mostly at the theather on release day of super hero movies with an optimism even at anti hero movies like the Justice League...

I really like Jason Momoa as Aquaman btw, and Mera looks so pretty.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #232
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Dark and gritty, metallic gray, mostly colorless throughout. Just like BvS. I'll see this film and withhold final judgment until I see the film but the trailer leaves me cold. Those who loved BvS should probably feel good but those who didn't, like me, probably feel apprehensive and worried.

I really hope to love this film but I'm just not feeling it based on this.

I Like the colourless palette for DC films, so this film will entertain me. It's a nice opposite to the warm and fuzzy marvel universe.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #233
SONICobra
Batman

i think it looks promising BUT...

- I still dont care for how cyborg looks, they should have gone partial practical effects around his face and head like they do with iron man. every time i see him the cgi a little jarring
- im bummed they changed batmans cowl, now he cant turn his head and i thought the previous one looked better
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #234
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Same old DC style movie...no interest and hope we get a reboot soon. Looks just like Batman vs Superman which was terrible.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #235
Luminous
Cyclops

I think it looks good but the trailer left a lot to be desired. Cautiously optimistic.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #236
built2shred
Phoenix

I've seen great looking trailers and the movies suck and I've seen really bad trailers and the movie turns out really good... so you never know..... I don't expect it to end up with stellar ratings as haters are going to go in hating it to begin with... I doubt JLA will win them over... Until the these DC movies bomb money wise I doubt they will change course...

One thing we did learn from this trailer is Wonder Woman wears a thong
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #237
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I Like the colourless palette for DC films, so this film will entertain me. It's a nice opposite to the warm and fuzzy marvel universe.
The best Marvel movies, like Captain America: Winter Soldier and Civil War, even Thor, the first Iron Man and Age of Ultron, were hardly "warm and fuzzy."

To each his own, but characters like Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman should evoke awe and wonder. I want a movie that has tension but also excitement. Man of Steel and BvS took the darkness that's appropriate for Batman and projected it onto characters that don't have that aura, like Superman and Wonder Woman, and that just didn't work for me. Comic book movies don't have to be completely faithful to the source materials to work, but they should at least be recognizable which is not the feeling I'm gettting here.

All that said, it's just my opinion and I'm still hoping for the best when I see this movie.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #238
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ehh, looks like a continuation of BvS...which isn't a good thing.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #239
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Have to say disappointed.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #240
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I really don't understand the BvS comparison comments. This trailer had more colour, humour and straightforward character interaction, (IE no existential soliloquies), than BvS had in its entire runtime - or marketing for that matter.

I thought on the whole the trailer accomplished what it set out to do; establish that the film will be high octane and lighter than its predecessors.

I am not convinced that the film will be stellar in any regards, as I had issues with all three DCEU films to date. That said I do find criticisms of JL being too dark, gritty and self serious to be truly disingenuous.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote