Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #231
dechirico7
The Flash

I think all companies in this forum could do great representations of these characters. They just choose to focus on other licenses. Probably due to profit and numbers. If sideshow did a mythology like like their Court of Dead line....

It really is too bad that there isnt a better company doing them. I wouldn't mind getting a good representation of Medusa. I like the two ARH has done because they were sculpted by talented sculptors. I refuse to support Araholm though.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #232
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think all companies in this forum could do great representations of these characters. They just choose to focus on other licenses. Probably due to profit and numbers. If sideshow did a mythology like like their Court of Dead line....

It really is too bad that there isnt a better company doing them. I wouldn't mind getting a good representation of Medusa. I like the two ARH has done because they were sculpted by talented sculptors. I refuse to support Araholm though.

I have to agree. Sideshows Court of Dead line is impressive.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #233
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
ARH is just lucky no other companies have dove into these types of statues. Because if someone actually did, ARH would have been out of business years ago. You can't deny that.
Nah I don't think so ..ARH would not go out of business..I got plenty of statues from other companies and ARH blows many away!

Look at Sideshow Leonidas for example..yes more movie accurate but put it next the ARH Leonidas pieces it gets completely blown to smitherines..I would choose the ARH Leonidas any day over the sideshow! But its good to own both
To be fair the SS head sculpts are better....shame about the rest of the statue!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #234
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I have to agree. Sideshows Court of Dead line is impressive.
not when you put them next to ARH beasts! They look like little toys! And most companies avoid making real mythology statues because they won't even come close to making anything as epic as ARH has! so keep dreaming!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #235
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
not when you put them next to ARH beasts! They look like little toys! And most companies avoid making real mythology statues because they won't even come close to making anything as epic as ARH has! so keep dreaming!
I have to disagree.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #236
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Fair enough. My ARH Poseidon is probably the treasure of my collection and I haven't seen anyone else make anything mythological that can compete with it. I can't imagine anyone else one-uping ARH's Medusa, which is truly a masterpiece.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:01 AM   #237
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
I have to disagree.
do you really want me to post a photo of what a premium format looks like next to ARH statues like Alexander..THOR...Medusa..ARES..etc?
Old 12-31-2017, 01:59 AM   #238
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
do you really want me to post a photo of what a premium format looks like next to ARH statues like Alexander..THOR...Medusa..ARES..etc?
I have plenty.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #239
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
My CoTD statues look great. I also like my ARH statues. I wouldn't say either company blows the other out of the water (in terms of final product). I will say that my 1/3 Arkhalla is about the most epic single statue in my collection at the moment.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #240
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Sideshow Leonidas looks like a guy dressed up in a cheap costume for Halloween as Leonidas. ARH Leonidas' all look bad ass.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote