Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #241
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Sideshow Leonidas looks like a guy dressed up in a cheap costume for Halloween as Leonidas. ARH Leonidas' all look bad ass.
yep... sideshow would definitely put ARH out of business if they started making mythology pieces..this is what we should expect..bring on the greek gods sideshow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leoleo.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	110369  
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:58 AM   #242
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
yep... sideshow would definitely put ARH out of business if they started making mythology pieces..this is what we should expect..bring on the greek gods sideshow!
Ah, sarcasm....I like it
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #243
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Ah, sarcasm....I like it
No seriously.. I reckon competition is always a good thing..I would love other companies to make mythology pieces..having a mix would be great! ARH has had their fair share of flops! Substitute pieces are sometimes required. Take for example Perseus holding medusa head..I would choose the sideshow premium format movie version any day over the disaster of a statue ARH made in 1/6 scale..
Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #244
DrJ
Frackin!

The one on the left looks like Leonidas, or so I could believe. The dude on the right is straight out of The 300.

I also wish there was more competition. Just try looking for any decent looking mythology sculptures and you’ll mostly come up on ARH or custom work that is never sold.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #245
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
No seriously.. I reckon competition is always a good thing..I would love other companies to make mythology pieces..having a mix would be great! ARH has had their fair share of flops! Substitute pieces are sometimes required. Take for example Perseus holding medusa head..I would choose the sideshow premium format movie version any day over the disaster of a statue ARH made in 1/6 scale..
Agreement on more competition. But, I happen to own Perseus vs Medusa (not at retail ) and it looks better in hand than on the photos.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #246
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Agreement on more competition. But, I happen to own Perseus vs Medusa (not at retail ) and it looks better in hand than on the photos.
yes yes I know..I wish it was done in 1/4 scale and had another pose..anyways for those who like it..enjoy it

you can all get back to talking about your hot Eve statue now
Old 01-07-2018, 06:29 PM   #247
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
When was the ARH version produced? I know the sideshow one is pretty old. Sideshow has grown extensively since then.

I just want someone to produce an awesome Medusa. The ARH pieces are nice, but I can't support ARH, not after the nightmare I had with him. I still appreciate seeing what the sculptors do though. I really liked Ehren's sculpting. Sideshow doing a mythological line would be a dream.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #248
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
When was the ARH version produced? I know the sideshow one is pretty old. Sideshow has grown extensively since then.

I just want someone to produce an awesome Medusa. The ARH pieces are nice, but I can't support ARH, not after the nightmare I had with him. I still appreciate seeing what the sculptors do though. I really liked Ehren's sculpting. Sideshow doing a mythological line would be a dream.
I thought he banned you from buying anything from him and wouldn't sell anything to you? He won't sell to you, you won't buy from him. Sounds like it works out well for all parties involved
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #249
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I thought he banned you from buying anything from him and wouldn't sell anything to you? He won't sell to you, you won't buy from him. Sounds like it works out well for all parties involved
Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #250
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I don't think your dream will come true in this life time... sideshow has grown extensively in making 1 million batman editions ...some real growth there..

For what I like to collect mostly Sideshow had made a licensed Leonidas and a Perseus and that's it!..what stopped them ever making movie pieces like Achilles..Alexander..or even Maximus Gladiator..they would have been cool premium formats to own and were big movies...