Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-15-2016, 03:37 AM   #321
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Spidermonkey thanks for sharing those pictures
Its the waiting game for me
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #322
clutch
Sailor Moon

Mine gets here today but I'm not gonna be home to sign for it.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #323
clutch
Sailor Moon

Posted over on freaks as well but figure some people might not be members there.

The box was bigger than I thought it would be. It was also beat up a lot which worried me. It was sunk in on all sides and there was a chunk missing in the corner to where you could see one of the foam corners inside.

It's a nice bust. I was worried about heavy handed airbrushing but it is subtle. The pearlescent paint is a nice touch. The eyes when lit are amazing. Photos cannot convey the 3-D effect you see. Photos show them as being way brighter than they actually are.

Now for some gripes. It is WAY too heavy. I could understand a heavy base with a lighter bust but both weigh a ton. No idea why the bust couldn't be hollow cast fiberglass. Even the unicorn horn weighs. There is some damage too. The left eye has a spot on it that looks like it has been rubbed leaving a dull slightly rough spot. It kind of smears the clear honeycomb pattern behind when lit. The base has some nicks in it and the plastic it was wrapped in has caused patterns in the paint.

I have seen this exact same thing happen with a Vader helmet and bubble wrap. The plastic causes the paint to react and gas escapes or something like that causing a pattern to appear where the plastic was touching.

Gonna bip a letter to them and see what comes of it. I wouldn't be so critical but this was over a grand. What do you all think?

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #324
Silverfox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Guyver

I would not settle for anything less than perfect on this.
That smudge to the lense is unacceptable for the $$$ this cost. Plus it will bother you whenever you look at it. Get another or get refunded. Good luck to you.
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #325
qz33
Doctor Doom

Definitely surprised they went with the packaging. Having the box suspended within the shipper at the corcerrs is not a good idea with a box this large as smaller items get stacked on it and still reach the inner box. They should have done like Good Smile did with the Berserk Guts statue and have an additional shipper surrounding the artbox.

Seems the patterning was caused by either not letting the paint gas out long enough or small amounts of collected moisture.

I'm sure to the company $1,000 may look like a bargain but to sell 400 of these they have to know that to some customers $1,000 is a huge expenditure.

Anxious to open mine now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #326
FROBAY
Phoenix

I got the base problem. Looks like they packed it wet and the bag left impression. The bust covers a lot of it but not all of it. I'm very bummed. Looking for replacement. I can't keep it looking like that.

Also have a scratched up chrom orb

Last edited by FROBAY; 07-16-2016 at 06:01 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #327
azurepred
Zot

same problem with the top of the base as well, but I don't notice any of it when the bust is on top. I bet all of them have this. #52 here btw. The lenses are ----ing dope.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:18 AM   #328
qz33
Doctor Doom

Thanks to Snobird.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_1jer_guyver_bust_reduced_20160716_224226.png
Views:	320
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	97018

So.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Grail fo sho
??????
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #329
Jez
Fantastic Four

It's a shame that this seems to be happening. I wonder if it continues to get worse the longer it's wrapped in the box. If so, I've been told I won't get mine till October so it might end up looking really bad. Has anyone contacted/heard back from CS at all ?
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #330
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
It's a shame that this seems to be happening. I wonder if it continues to get worse the longer it's wrapped in the box. If so, I've been told I won't get mine till October so it might end up looking really bad. Has anyone contacted/heard back from CS at all ?
I've sent an email, I heard nothing back yet. My friends base was perfect. I don't think the length of time it's wrapped has anything to do with it. I think it's more of the clear coat wasn't dry when they were bagged and boxed.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote