Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Machismo View Post
Did you pay via credit card funding through Paypal? If so, you can call and charge back.
Not credit card, but my regular bank account through paypal. I'm not sure after 1-year if there is anything that can be done.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #12
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
Not credit card, but my regular bank account through paypal. I'm not sure after 1-year if there is anything that can be done.
There is always something that can be done

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

post a comment on his social media asking for a status update.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Well, I'm now officially at 1 year since paying for a commission and nothing to show for it. Felipe ignores all attempts at communication, I've basically accepted the fact he ripped me off.

Anyone else who is waiting on him have any updates? I seem to remember 2 or 3 of ya on the forum also waiting. Hope ya'll are having better luck than me with him.

I once contacted him (his agent) for a commission. My terms were simple - to contact me when he is ready to begin my commission, at which point I will pay half up front and the other half within 30 days and, if the commission which was supposed to start is not finished by that time (30 days following initial payment), I am to be refunded in full with no chasing on my part. However, he countered and said he wanted to be paid half up front with no promise of anything regarding time and so on. I decided to take my cash elsewhere. I get to decide how I spend my money not someone who can treat clients like your post suggests. Looks like I dodged a bullet by sticking to my guns.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I once contacted him (his agent) for a commission. My terms were simple - to contact me when he is ready to begin my commission, at which point I will pay half up front and the other half within 30 days and, if the commission which was supposed to start is not finished by that time (30 days following initial payment), I am to be refunded in full with no chasing on my part. However, he countered and said he wanted to be paid half up front with no promise of anything regarding time and so on. I decided to take my cash elsewhere. I get to decide how I spend my money not someone who can treat clients like your post suggests. Looks like I dodged a bullet by sticking to my guns.
Smart. I've been having huge issues for a very large sum of money with a very well known artist. Many others here have as well. Broke about 5 promised deadlines thus far. Last chance, and then I'm considering lawyering up and outing him to every message board, editor, news site, and blog I can find -- with evidence, of course.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #16
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
Simply tell him what you'll do if it he doesn't refund your money within one week's time. Gather documentation and post to forums, social media, and every other outlet you can find. Warn people to never commission him. The people on message boards/CAF/etc...they are the ones who tend to commission artists like Felipe, no?

Just be VERY sure you are 100% objectively in the right before you do something so drastic. Discuss full, unbiased (if possible) details w/ others. Doing that in the wrong circumstances would be absolutely devastating. But at the same time, if he's legitimately ripping you off, others need to know.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #17
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Who is his agent ? Maybe it's best to try to get him to intervene ??
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 PM   #18
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
He doesn't reply to facebook messages either, it seems his last facebook update was 2 months ago.

Sent another email tonight voicing my disappointment. Though this is following 2 other unanswered emails so doubt he cares.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #19
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #20
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
He doesn't reply to facebook messages either, it seems his last facebook update was 2 months ago.

Sent another email tonight voicing my disappointment. Though this is following 2 other unanswered emails so doubt he cares.
i didn't mean private messages. I meant public.

post on his timeline. his instagram comments. his twitter. something to get his attention.

I did this on behalf of a buddy of mine recently. an artist was paid in full over 3 years ago and he stopped responding to his emails and direct messages.

so I posted on his instagram comments. and he deleted the comment. so I posted again. and he deleted again. after about the 4th posting he finally emailed my buddy back after long being unresponsive. supposedly he's now going to deliver the art at a convention to him.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote