Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-09-2024, 02:24 AM   #1
MKS
Nightwing

What happened to Level 52?

Does anyone know if this company no longer exists? They put out some great pieces and also had a few on pre-order but have gone silent.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 07:41 AM   #2
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

Whenever someone mentions Level52 I always jump at the chance to trash this company. I ordered one of their first piece, the Viking (Odin?). It had an edition of 50, and then they reduced it to 10. They emailed me and told me not to cancel because NOW the statue was super rare lol. They only got 8 preorders and had to cancel the whole production. Fine I get it. Here is where it falls apart.

Communication. They sucked at it. Like...they had to have done it on purpose. They emailed you updates like once a year. When the statue was cancelled, I had to find out myself, talk with another collector who also had to find out, and he got a refund and told me to do the same. I emailed them and they fought with me and it was pulling teeth. Their socials were never updated, their newsletter never sent anything out, all they did was 'apologize' for going radio silence because they were 'busy working'.

It takes 10 minutes to come up for air and say something. These guys seriously suck. They will blame covid for their downfall, but these guys were amateur hour.

I called them out a few years ago on this site and they actually responded and tried to debunk everything I said, but proof was in the pudding. They gave up regular IPs and started doing goofy film statues that nobody wanted, and coupled with their extreme lack of communication they went out of business. Gone are the days you preorder a statue and wait 1000 days with no updates. XM Studios is starting to do this (Jean Grey?!) and its really starting to hit their reputation. But thats a different post.

I just saw their Instagram and they turned off comments on every post, first post that has enabled comments is a post from 2020 and some guy 10 weeks ago posted asking for ANY communication on his orders. Deja Vu. Silent crooks. They're donzo.

Here are a few comments about them from people via reddit:

"They haven't replied to anyone. They remove comments or the ability to comment at all. They also make it so you can't submit a post without their approval. Straight up theft."

"I’ve tried to get a refund multiple times with these ***holes and still nothing they won’t respond unless you are a grease with them, my last email to them was ruthless and they responded to that saying I’m treating them but they’re the ones who have “technically” stolen my money! I don’t think we will see the money or statue at this rate…absolutely disgusting the worst company in the industry "

"absolute SCAM run by absolute SCUM" "They still have my money. Was holding out hoping they'd deliver on this promise, but the game has long been out, and the hype is gone. They are probably just hoping everyone forgets that they stole all of our money. "

Trashed BBB:
https://www.bbb.org/us/wa/auburn/pro...277/complaints
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:40 AM   #3
MPCanes
The X-Men

They went under - believe purearts was trying to acquire/do joint releases but that fell through. A shame because they produced some great stuff.
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:43 AM   #4
SDguy

They made great stuff (I still kick myself for cancelling that warewolf bust), but as already mentioned, the company was disastrously run/managed.

Last edited by SDguy; 05-09-2024 at 09:45 AM.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:46 AM   #5
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
They went under - believe purearts was trying to acquire/do joint releases but that fell through. A shame because they produced some great stuff.
Did Level 52 used to have a section here or just specific statue posts in the general statues section?

Another example of no matter the incentives it is always best to steer clear of individual small companies and order from reputable retailers.
Many of these "companies" are literally little more than a guy and a few social media accounts.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM   #6
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Seemed to be an ambitious small company. They were a local Washington company which was cool and they produced some really nice pieces. I used to eyeball their hiring page to see if there were any job opportunities for me as I always wanted to be a part of the industry. After a lot of companies have taken a stab at Frazetta's works, I think surprisingly Level 52 managed to come out on top with some of the finest releases so far. Their Swordsmen and Princess of Mars piece in particular looks fantastic and I'll always regret not grabbing it when it was on deep discount at Spec Fiction.

I imagine these guys were just in over their heads. If I recall they tried to salvage the company by taking a stab at the indie vinyl hipster collectibles kickstarter thing. I guess it didn't work out.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:25 AM   #7
qz33
Baron Zemo

Their Frazetta pieces were awesome. But...
Old 05-09-2024, 01:28 PM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Seemed to be an ambitious small company. They were a local Washington company which was cool and they produced some really nice pieces. I used to eyeball their hiring page to see if there were any job opportunities for me as I always wanted to be a part of the industry. After a lot of companies have taken a stab at Frazetta's works, I think surprisingly Level 52 managed to come out on top with some of the finest releases so far. Their Swordsmen and Princess of Mars piece in particular looks fantastic and I'll always regret not grabbing it when it was on deep discount at Spec Fiction.

I imagine these guys were just in over their heads. If I recall they tried to salvage the company by taking a stab at the indie vinyl hipster collectibles kickstarter thing. I guess it didn't work out.
Their Swordsmen and Princess of Mars was actually a sculpt they acquired from ARH that never got produced before they went AWOL for a while.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 01:36 PM   #9
qz33
Baron Zemo

Did Ehren Bienert do Level 52's Catgirl too?

Ehren Bienert is a superstar. These piddling companies are mainly just commissioners and negotiators.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:32 PM   #10
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This was the last post on their instagram account:

I have the Swordsman of Mars and The Teaser statues both Frazetta based pieces and they are great. Looks like they are no more though
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote