Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Shangrilien
Doh!

Attakus and Star Wars : fresh news

On Mintinbox.net, a nice Q&A thread just took place where we can learn some interesting news about Attakus and SW. New contract, serie IV modifications and approval process ...
All credits go to MIB forum member CyberLuke and Olivier8 from Attakus Team.
Here's the link.
Shangrilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

is it in english somewhere else?
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
loudmouth123
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
is it in english somewhere else?
Bump!!! in english pls...
loudmouth123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
Shangrilien
Doh!

Most important news : Attakus has signed another contract with LFL. It's a 2 years deal and a certain number of products to be released (no details).
Statues modfications are not decided with LFL artists (but with other p€r$on$ I guess).
The Tie Pilot helmet will be smaller than the movie one.
Probe droid legs will be made out of metal, not polystone.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
DarkRaven
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrilien
Probe droid legs will be made out of metal, not polystone.
thanks for the translation. and the metal legs part is definitely good news.
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Shangrilien
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven
thanks for the translation. and the metal legs part is definitely good news.
Indeed. It would have been way too fragile. And Attakus also informed (not confirmed) the MSRP should be under €400.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

i wonders how many pieces they agreed on, hopefully more than the last series, and no more vaders, and more storm troopers and clones. thx shan.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Shangrilien
Doh!

There may be another Vader but not one with an helmet (just my guess ). Here's another guess about the number of pieces : I don't think it could be more than the last two series. 10 characters per serie represent a pretty good average. And there are also the metal series.

More and more troopers ? I kinda disagree. Of course, as there would be no human likeness issues, we could expect great pieces ( Ish).
But this troopers frenzy sickens me sometimes.
If I'm correct, 17 out of 51 minibusts are troopers (not counting Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise). 33%. And Koto scores a nice 13 out of 28 : 46%. Don't get me wrong : all these pieces are fine and nicely done. But I sincerely hope Attakus will continue to release unexpected characters along with "usual" ones.
I agree to give you ONE trooper for the next serie (as if I were the one to choose ). Well, in fact, as long as the serie V features Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Grievous bodyguard, a Droideka, ESB Lando, Lobot, an Ugnauth, Ackbar and a Wampa, they can release as many troopers as you want
Old 04-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
There may be another Vader but not one with an helmet (just my guess ). Here's another guess about the number of pieces : I don't think it could be more than the last two series. 10 characters per serie represent a pretty good average. And there are also the metal series.

More and more troopers ? I kinda disagree. Of course, as there would be no human likeness issues, we could expect great pieces ( Ish).
But this troopers frenzy sickens me sometimes.
If I'm correct, 17 out of 51 minibusts are troopers (not counting Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise). 33%. And Koto scores a nice 13 out of 28 : 46%. Don't get me wrong : all these pieces are fine and nicely done. But I sincerely hope Attakus will continue to release unexpected characters along with "usual" ones.
I agree to give you ONE trooper for the next serie (as if I were the one to choose ). Well, in fact, as long as the serie V features Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Grievous bodyguard, a Droideka, ESB Lando, Lobot, an Ugnauth, Ackbar and a Wampa, they can release as many troopers as you want
anikin huh...

i'd would be happy with one with a diffrent pose, just to not have two of the same, and agree with you completly with the other characters, and hope that the likeness is much better.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
. But I sincerely hope Attakus will continue to release unexpected characters along with "usual" ones.

Nice Choices - Ugnaught, Wampa, Ackbar, Lobot and Lando....And an Attakus Wampa would probably be fantastic!! ...I hope they do your line-up to the tee....not only because of those characters but also because I'd save lots of money on those Prequel characters.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote