Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #31
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Then again the Bible doesn't say anything about extraterrestrial lifeforms existing elsewhere.

I'm confused!
Many cultures such as the Sumerians, Aztecs, Native Americans, Chinese, Hindu as well as the Bible have made hints. The Sumerians and Dogon tribes have mentioned beings that came down from heaven in crafts that passed down knowledge to them. The Bible also mentions the Ezekiel's wheel and many other sitings. An Ancient Indian text called the Mahabharata mentions the Vimanas which were crafts that came down and destroyed kingdoms causing an explosion that sounded quite similar to a nuclear explosion. I can go on and on but I don't want to bombard anyone. All I ask is check these clips out which were on the History Channel to start out with.

There are so many interesting things in this world and the universe that it's impossible to have all the answers. Even the smartest humans don't know everything. All we can do is take the small info that we are given for what it's worth and come to our own conclusions.

UFOs in the Bible

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=RAdM...eature=related

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qQrH...eature=related

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=uAsW...eature=related

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=SjwG...eature=related

Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=CAKX...eature=related
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #32
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I gotta say one thing about aliens. THEY ARE REAL AND THEY VISIT US ALL THE TIME. I live up in the mountains in southern california in a isolated area. From time to time I see lights in the sky. They appear from small and very quick static discarges in the sky. There perfectly round white balls of light. Sometimes its one ball, and sometimes its two. Im not the only who has seen them. Family & friends that come over to visit have seen them too. They move insanely fast with no sound at all. Once they fly away you have about 4-5 seconds before they get out of sight. And when its two balls of light, they fly away in perfect sinc with eachother. With an occasional barrel roll (but always keeping the same exact perfect gap/distance from the other).

I sure some of you are going to think im either lying/crazy. Im neither of the two. Bealive what you want, but the words I am saying are true. WE ARE NOT ALONE.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #33
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
I gotta say one thing about aliens. THEY ARE REAL AND THEY VISIT US ALL THE TIME. I live up in the mountains in southern california in a isolated area. From time to time I see lights in the sky. They appear from small and very quick static discarges in the sky. There perfectly round white balls of light. Sometimes its one ball, and sometimes its two. Im not the only who has seen them. Family & friends that come over to visit have seen them too. They move insanely fast with no sound at all. Once they fly away you have about 4-5 seconds before they get out of sight. And when its two balls of light, they fly away in perfect sinc with eachother. With an occasional barrel roll (but always keeping the same exact perfect gap/distance from the other).

I sure some of you are going to think im either lying/crazy. Im neither of the two. Bealive what you want, but the words I am saying are true. WE ARE NOT ALONE.
That sounds a lot like ball lightning.

Wiki;
Ball lightning is an atmospheric electrical phenomenon, the existence of which is disputed. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt.
Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to any naturally occurring phenomenon. Scientific data on natural ball lightning are scarce owing to its infrequency and unpredictability. The presumption of its existence is based on reported public sightings, and has therefore produced somewhat inconsistent findings. Given inconsistencies and the lack of reliable data, the true nature of ball lightning is still unknown.[1] Until recently, ball lightning was often regarded as a fantasy or a hoax, but some serious scientific discussions and theories have attempted to explain it.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #34
THE_BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
That sounds a lot like ball lightning.

Wiki;
Ball lightning is an atmospheric electrical phenomenon, the existence of which is disputed. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt.
Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to any naturally occurring phenomenon. Scientific data on natural ball lightning are scarce owing to its infrequency and unpredictability. The presumption of its existence is based on reported public sightings, and has therefore produced somewhat inconsistent findings. Given inconsistencies and the lack of reliable data, the true nature of ball lightning is still unknown.[1] Until recently, ball lightning was often regarded as a fantasy or a hoax, but some serious scientific discussions and theories have attempted to explain it.
Big brother covers everything up. Im 100% sure they were ufo's and not a natural phenomenon.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Its also possible intelligent life is extremely rare in the universe. Just take Earth for example, all the life this planet has produce over billions of years and Homo Sapiens are the only ones that got it right, and thats just barely. Then the intelligent species has to make it to space travel before blowing themselves up.

Maybe the odds are so low we're the only ones that have it so far.
I don't believe in "aliens", but I like this theory.

People always assume that if there are other sentient races out there in the universe, we're clearly not as intelligent as they are.... though, as you said, the exact opposite may in fact be the case.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #36
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn9316 View Post
"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."
I would have thought the ALiens would say,

"LUNCH"
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
THE_BEAST

Or moooooooooooooooooo
Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #38
Bullvine
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Anyone remember the African killer bees? Someone thought they would improve the honey output by breeding them with the European honey bees. Well they got away due to incompetence and now they are moving north from Mexico and have already entered into the US. The death toll is already high and is getting higher every year. Thanks honey bee scientist guy. Should we be messing with Aliens...no.
Bullvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #39
ajn9316
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullvine View Post
Anyone remember the African killer bees? Someone thought they would improve the honey output by breeding them with the European honey bees. Well they got away due to incompetence and now they are moving north from Mexico and have already entered into the US. The death toll is already high and is getting higher every year. Thanks honey bee scientist guy. Should we be messing with Aliens...no.
ajn9316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #40
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Its also possible intelligent life is extremely rare in the universe. Just take Earth for example, all the life this planet has produce over billions of years and Homo Sapiens are the only ones that got it right, and thats just barely. Then the intelligent species has to make it to space travel before blowing themselves up.

Maybe the odds are so low we're the only ones that have it so far.
Exactly.
Intelligence could very well be extremely rare for all reasonable purposes.
Earth is the only example we know of with intelligence. And it took billions of years and exactly one species out of all those millions of species to develop intelligence.

Very rare.

There is no factual evidence that anything other then us exists. It proves it is possible, but is rare.

Millions of intelligent aliens could exist, but we could easily never meet them because of distance and time.

Most people that lend themselves so willingly without proper skepticism to exploitive tales of alien visititations are ignorant of the physical sciences involved in such an occurance.

I'm not sure why the disconnect at times, perhaps too much TV and films and not enough science education. Then you always have the cover up kooks from A to Z on everything. You can't reach those types with any critical thinking or facts.
It's about something else with them.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote