Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #11
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Great work Rocco!!! Is this pose taken from a certain panel or cover?
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #12
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Rocco - Did you sculpt any of the other pieces that DS had on display? I know you sculpted the Astonishing Colossus bust and was wondering if you did/will be doing any of the others in that series.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
sculptorR
Sculptor
Sculptor

Thanks! I asked Vinnie to do a quick sketch of the JJ bust for me. Diamond liked it, but wanted me to incorporate elements of the Scorpion and/or Spiderslayer. I wanted to tell a little story in a sense. So I sculpted a beat up Scorpion tail and mask, as if Spidey just dropped off the Beat up parts for JJ, since JJ probably commissioned another attack on him. Naturally he'd be upset! There was also some room on the back, so I added a little spiderslayer for some extra detail. There was also a note that I had put on the tail, "Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman. (I hope that the production run will still have it, fingers crossed.)

~Rocco
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Great bust Rocco. Your work is excellent as always.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 PM   #15
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptorR
Thanks! I asked Vinnie to do a quick sketch of the JJ bust for me. Diamond liked it, but wanted me to incorporate elements of the Scorpion and/or Spiderslayer. I wanted to tell a little story in a sense. So I sculpted a beat up Scorpion tail and mask, as if Spidey just dropped off the Beat up parts for JJ, since JJ probably commissioned another attack on him. Naturally he'd be upset! There was also some room on the back, so I added a little spiderslayer for some extra detail. There was also a note that I had put on the tail, "Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman. (I hope that the production run will still have it, fingers crossed.)

~Rocco
beautiful touches!
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

great job!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #17
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

duh CK13 it is the scorpions mask silly. JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ had him created remember?????????????????

oh and this is a very cool bust for sure
Old 07-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #18
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Awesome! The details sold it for me. Love your work and hope there's a lot more to come.
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #19
sculptorR
Sculptor
Sculptor

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my work so much! I unfortunately haven't been contacted for any new bust or statues from Diamond. I sculpted the first Astonishing X-men bust, and I'm friends with John Cassaday, and still they haven't contacted me for any more. I wish that they do hire me for more projects, cause I love working with them. Maybe I should start a petition, "If you want me to sculpt more DST busts and statues, vote yes!" LOL Just thinking out loud. Freelancing isn't always a walk in the park.

Later,
~Rocco
Old 07-25-2005, 11:27 PM   #20
Mosby
Fantastic Four

Rocco, it's a truly great sculpt, and the story and little touches you added in really make it perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us. A couple of questions:
1. When is it slated to come out?

2. Is there anything we can do here to inspire DST to commission more work for you? It's that old double edge sword -- we don't want to tick anyone off, but, we love your work and think you should be getting regular gigs from them (and we'd buy 'em). Let us know brother!
Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote