Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #31
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
what? did you know Coolprops and Prime1 parted way it was original plan that predator 1/3 with them but due some disagreement that deal is no more. I want 1/4 and 1/3 predator is way too big for me.
And if you knew this fact why did not you tell us instead of busting people's balls?

Everybody here thought these aliens and predators would be 1/3 scale, mainly because Prime1 said like 100 times they would be. We just know today they won't be because of an incidental discussion in a private Facebook page.

When they were going to announce this "little" change? The next year? People who has already preordered the 1/3 Dog Alien what are going to do with the other 1/4 aliens?. This is a poor way to handle things.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #32
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
And if you knew this fact why did not you tell us instead of busting people's balls?

Everybody here thought these aliens and predators would be 1/3 scale, mainly because Prime1 said like 100 times they would be. We just know today they won't be because of an incidental discussion in a private Facebook page.

When they were going to announce this "little" change? The next year? People who has already preordered the 1/3 Dog Alien what are going to do with the other 1/4 aliens?. This is a poor way to handle things.
Buddy nothing will change is already done. you should move on let people who are excite to able to get 1/4 scale. You can go buy others company 1/3 scale plenty of choice.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #33
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Bullet holes = pass. Shame, I was expecting better.

I guess literally no company can make an accurate Predator statue.
OOOAAAAKKKKYYY bud calm it down... PASS PASS PASS PASS!!! OH WELL money in my pocket PASS PASS!!!
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #34
Barbarian
Jedi Order

To hell with more 1/2 and 1/3 scales. This 1/4 scale news is friggin' righteous!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #35
leplant
Deadman

Barring some artistic failure (which is highly unlikey) 1/3rd would have been a guaranteed purchase for me. I remain interested, but disappointed in the news
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #36
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

Also, regarding the sculpted damage, I agree that I'd rather it wasn't there. Here is their official response....

"Please note sculpt damage much easier for production and less mistake we want to make something easier for factory worker to follow. We can make the best 1 first prototype accurate but for us most important will be the final inhand product what customer will get not proto."
This is why Sideshow do their Iron man statues with 'battle damage', makes it easier for the factory as any mistakes they make can just be excused as intentional battle damage.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #37
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
This is why Sideshow do there Iron man statues with 'battle damage', makes it easier for the factory as any mistakes they make can just be excused as intentional battle damage.
Wow! Surprisingly honest response.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
This is why Sideshow do there Iron man statues with 'battle damage', makes it easier for the factory as any mistakes they make can just be excused as intentional battle damage.
I think actually what they mean is that it is easier to sculpt the damage in then have the factory just paint it like it is on the actuAL bio.

For example on the rest as bust it looked ducking terrible when they "painted" it. Literally they traced a circle then had some lines come out of it like a retarded sun.

There IS supposed to be a pock mark there, just it's painted but I agree with this decision.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #39
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I agree with this decision.

I wouldn't go that far, but I understand what they are saying. Some of the paint on the Sideshow Predators is woeful and doesn't even attempt to reflect any kind of accurate weathering. I'm sure Prime 1 would do much better, but they seem to understand their own limits so it is hard to argue I suppose.

Still, it is over done in that preview image, They have made the very smooth P1 bio look like the surface of the moon so I do hope that they very much tone it down for the real thing.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #40
dao2
Cyclops

That amount of detail wouldn't survive printing, cleaning, sanding, casting, and more sanding anyways imo
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote