Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Life quotes - People only ever promote the quotes that already applied to themselves for no other reason but selfassurance. Never the ones they or others should aspire towards.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quirky baby's names
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

classic rock.

warm weather (i would much rather it be cool and overcast)

steak (i wouldnt say "hate" but i really dont like it)

pretty much any kind of soda. after not drinking it for some time you just learn to dislike the stuff.

coffee, tea, or any other hot drink. drinks are meant to be cold!
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

I hate texting - bugs me to no end. People who know me know that if they text me, I won't even bother reading it. Call, you lazy putz.

I hate outdoor sports during the winter -- Unless it's above zero, I'm staying in. You and your flu can leave me alone, thank you.

Lingering in restaurants for small talk -- Jeez, I hate small talk anywhere, but it's even worse in a confined location.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

People who can't keep their face out of their phones for more than ten seconds at a time. Bugs me to no end that people "live" their lives through a device. This continues on from texting, but takes in all the other bullsh!t wastes of time that your phone can provide for you. I don't even have a cell phone, and my life's doing just fine. Look up, people!!! Life is right in front of you. It's not in your phone.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Life quotes - People only ever promote the quotes that already applied to themselves for no other reason but selfassurance. Never the ones they or others should aspire towards.

I can't argue with this, but some quotes have merit, such as Edmund Burke's famous musing.

I do live my life by the quote in my sig, though.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I hate texting - bugs me to no end. People who know me know that if they text me, I won't even bother reading it. Call, you lazy putz.
+1

Answer your f#cking phone; if you're able to text, then you're able to talk... if you're in a meeting,I'm willing to bet you shouldn't be texting either, so wait until the meeting's over, then call me back.

I text all the time (these days, used to hate it), but I ALWAYS call first, and leave a message. My text usually is "check your voicemail". LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
+1

Answer your f#cking phone; if you're able to text, then you're able to talk... if you're in a meeting,I'm willing to bet you shouldn't be texting either, so wait until the meeting's over then call me back.

I text often enough (these days, used to hate it), but I ALWAYS call first, and leave a message. My text usually is "check your voicemail". LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #19
AxeLord
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Some things I really don't care for that others seems to like? That feels like everything at times, I'm always trying to be a bit different. But off the top of my head, facebook and twitter. I just don't get the constant need to tell everyone what I'm doing every second of the day.
Diet anything, it tastes horrible and have heard that its actually worse then regular versions of anything. Plus if you take off the T at the end you get die.
White clothing, this includes sneakers. The only time I would wear a white shirt is to a funeral or job interview.

Also wanted to add. People at Starbucks or any cafe that sits for hours attempting to work on their laptops. Seriously? You're outside to enjoy OUTSIDE, to me it feels that they need others to see what they're doing to validate themselves that they are doing something.
AxeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #20
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Game of Thrones. I got half way through the first book and quit. I saw the first 3 episodes of the TV show and its OK but nothing special... The Walking Dead is much better.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote