Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

The Hulk is a different character than he used to be. He doesn't need to breath anymore. His rage is limitless, which is just silly, IMO. So...I'm sure he's probably been given that power too. When I read the Hulk, it was the late 1960's and early 1970's. He was this incredibly powerful, misunderstood creature that I loved, and felt sad for, because he was treated bad by virtually everyone, as both Banner and the Hulk. His powers and power set have been retconned into something almost as silly as the silver age Superman power set. I haven't read a lot of Hulk since the Planet Hulk, and then the whole Red Hulk storyline, so I don't know if he's been powered back down to an interesting level or not. But, having any character become powered beyond a certain point causes me to lose interest after awhile.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

What about Gladiator?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
What about Gladiator?
What about him? He's been de-powered more than he's been powered up beyond silly. The only time I can remember him getting anything over on anyone was in the John Byrne FF 249. But, that was quickly changed in the next issue. In my opinion, he's regularly used as an example by Marvel to show how Superman would lose to their big guns, since he's Marvel's Superman clone.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Makkari1
Cyclops

I think he was talking about Gladiator's age. IIRC Gladiator is a few hundred years old and seems to age very slowly. He may be thousands of years old.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Millar did more involving the Hulk baby? I may have to check that out.

Linds, Jennifer Walters is that kid's Mom (yes, Bruce's cousin.. lol; yuck), so the Mom was a Hulk as well.

What the?? I'm hoping they are not first cousins! That would make it....a litte....better??

Who came up with the incest storyline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The Hulk is a different character than he used to be. He doesn't need to breath anymore. His rage is limitless, which is just silly, IMO. So...I'm sure he's probably been given that power too. When I read the Hulk, it was the late 1960's and early 1970's. He was this incredibly powerful, misunderstood creature that I loved, and felt sad for, because he was treated bad by virtually everyone, as both Banner and the Hulk. His powers and power set have been retconned into something almost as silly as the silver age Superman power set. I haven't read a lot of Hulk since the Planet Hulk, and then the whole Red Hulk storyline, so I don't know if he's been powered back down to an interesting level or not. But, having any character become powered beyond a certain point causes me to lose interest after awhile.
This is exactly why I'm asking because to the casual person, Hulk seems unstoppable and immortal. And I'm glad to see my thinking wasn't wrong. These aspects reasons are why I don't really enjoy Superman. I can't find any sympathy or understand the struggles of a person who so powered up and never REALLY gets a power reality check.

Seems to me the only way to get Hulk back to a beatable, and misunderstood, character is to have magic used on him or somebody with reality warping powers.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
I think he was talking about Gladiator's age. IIRC Gladiator is a few hundred years old and seems to age very slowly. He may be thousands of years old.
Ohh..okay.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
What about Gladiator?
Sorry if my answer was a bit snarky.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

Is Hulk: The End canon? I know TPTB have brought in Future Imperfect (supposedly, though the fact that ANY future can be possible, but perhaps not "core" to the 616, makes it doubtful that there's a definitive to this), but I don't know about IH:TE.

Personally, I'd guess what Ryan did--that Hulk ages, but very slowly. I'd even suggest that the 100-year-future-imperfect Hulk was TOO aged for the rate that I'd guess for him.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote