Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 09-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Batwing
Cobra Command

Marvel & DC: Trading Places

This is the ultimate What if question and imagine it is permanent.

Say you had to choose one mainstream and one peripheral superhero from Marvel to trade with DC, so i.e. one mainstream and one peripheral DC superhero goes over to Marvel. And it's for good.

Who would you choose, and why?

Which two superhero from either universes, while missed, will add value to the other, or whose presence would make for some really good stories?
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Batwing
Cobra Command

P.S. Feel free to interpret "mainstream" and "peripheral" anyhow you want

Or just two superheroes from either side.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Batwing
Cobra Command

I must admit that I was stumped myself and had to think about it!

Marvel:
I'd send the Thing over to DC-- there really isn't a 'monster' hero quite like Ben Grimm. If it is a permanent move then I'd want She-Hulk to be in the FF for good. She was the best sub they ever had anyway.

The next character to trade has to be some mutant, since DC doesn't really have any. I choose Havok, whose powers would be unique in the DC universe.

DC:
First choice: Captain Marvel, for the potential situation he's get with the name. But mostly because of the 'need' for a Superman archetype. The relative failure of the Sentry means an opportunity to get this right.

Next I would choose Alan Scott Green Lantern-- there is no real space for two types of Green Lanterns in the same universe anyway. He'd make an interesting Avenger!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
MrYac
Hercules

i would love to see Billy interact with some of the darker marvel "heroes" like Wolverine or even the Punisher
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

For DC to Marvel for me it is a clear choice...

Wonder Woman.

Despite many important female characters in the Marvel Universe (Invisible Woman, Storm, Jean Grey, Carol Danvers) they do not really have anyone as iconic as Wonder Woman.

My choice for Marvel character to the DC universe is less clear but it would be between Iron Man (surprise!) or the Hulk.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Batwing
Cobra Command

Good points, guys! Billy's wide eyed innocence and Superman-like powers in a darker world is one of the reasons I chose him.

And Marvel deserves a female icon like WW.

Hulk could be the 'monster hero' like the Thing.

Not sure about Iron Man though...
Old 09-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
protector2814
Phoenix

Good question - While I'd really miss his believable & usually well written encounters w/ Daredevil, Spidey, & Wolverine, I'd love to see The Punisher cross over into the DCU. He'd be alotta fun in a more Vertigo, or Gotham City type situation. With his complete disdain for super-hero' BS & his extremely cunning & intelligent ways of staying below the radar, I think an Ennis' style Punisher could remain covert enough to even out maneuver the Bat, although I'm sure writers would have them meet often. Before you can say that DC big guns would never put up with violence on a Punisher' scale, keep in mind that, although not entrenched deeply, Castle does work now in a U filled with big gun super heroes ... and they seldom are able to stop him. Only forseeable problems? most of Gotham's rogues gallery would be murdered within a few years.

Flip side - Why not bring Gaiman's Sandman over to the MU to really stir the pot. Can you imagine Dr. Strange having to deal w/ The Endless? Especially Sandman? I love Marvel's Supernatural stable even more than that of DC's, but I don't think they'd know what hit 'em if The Sandman set up house.
Would equally love to se The Spirit make the move for almost the same reasons.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote