Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 07-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Superman 2.0

Hi guys,
This is one tough cookie to crack ... been doing this on my "vacation" time... .... here's some pix, thanks for looking:
http://toyzkulptor.blogspot.com/
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Looks great E.
But something about him seems off.

OOT, is this your sculpt?
I love it! Have you finish it?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5uocQByVLY...0/DSCN7739.JPG
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Alfred Paredes
Frackin!

Looks pretty good. There's something about the length of the nose of the size of the eyes that seems just a little off. I think the eye's might be just a hair too big and that's making the rest look compressed. The nose seems like it should be a tiny bit longer at the tip and a little straighter bridge. They're minor tweaks, but it could be what feels off.

Cheers!!

Alfred
Alfred Paredes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Bongsplat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have to admit Eric, even though this is looking pretty awesome I still prefer the first one you did where he was looking up all angry.

That one to me looked almost perfect.

But no doubt this will be a stunner!
Bongsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
gammaguy
U talkin' to me?

That is going to be one awesome Superman sculpt. And I like the way that you guys sculpt your women. Thick. JUST AWESOME!!!
gammaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Thanks guys,
Alfred you were right, eyes were a tad big and I tweaked the nose bridge last night and even though it looked OK to me at 2am.... this morning it was obvious it was too short, but I only noticed after I read your post thanks so much man! thank you all... pix in a bit
Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Oh and BTW this is just a relaxed expression, I will then mold, keep this version as an archive, and then move on to tweaking it into a VERY angry supes hehehe, and a smiling one as well.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Nice! looking good!

But I still like your pissed off Reeve the best! I remember asking to see it and you pulled it out of some discarded scrap pile like it was nothing.. i said, "Man if i did this it would be on my highest shelf"

I still have that Bale/Conner head that you gave me, i look at it when ever I think im done with one of my sculpts... then realize im not done..

BTW at comic con.. i visited the Koto booth three times asking and looking for you... never found you but I took pics of your stuff anyways... I didnt spend that much time at the con, mayb 8-10 hours total the whole weekend..
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeeman View Post
Nice! looking good!

But I still like your pissed off Reeve the best! I remember asking to see it and you pulled it out of some discarded scrap pile like it was nothing.. i said, "Man if i did this it would be on my highest shelf"

I still have that Bale/Conner head that you gave me, i look at it when ever I think im done with one of my sculpts... then realize im not done..

BTW at comic con.. i visited the Koto booth three times asking and looking for you... never found you but I took pics of your stuff anyways... I didnt spend that much time at the con, mayb 8-10 hours total the whole weekend..
Hi Ramon!
So sorry man, we were in meetings, plus on Thursday all William did was sleep hahaha, we had not slept normal hours in weeks, so I understand him, plus I kinda hurt my leg walking up and down those long stairs with boxes of prototypes...yeah I am getting old... the whole purpose of this portrait is to make my own Flying superman statue, with interchangeable portraits, arms... I've already started working on the fabric suit since last year with one of Korea's top seamstress.... the idea is to have a superman kit ( if you will) made with translucent skin ala Hot toys/Enterbay prototypes, as a matter of fact Kojun and Lala are giving me some tips on how to make it look cool... I may even do punched hair.. well not me but Lala, have you seen his blog? Those guys blow my mind!
http://blog.dreamwiz.com/ubchongik
Take it easy Ramon, and glad you liked Connor
Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeeman View Post
Nice! looking good!

BTW, I have a bunch of sculpts I call "graveyard sculpts" they may never see the light of day.... maybe when I retire