Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #831
Retroheavy
Doh!

@eternalblue02 Looks Great! Mine showed up last night and is still in the same place as your last pic. Not sure when I'll have the time to unbox him but what's blowing my mind is how fast it showed up to my door from Singapore. 3 DAYS!
Retroheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #832
WeaponX23
Doh!

WOW congrats guys, this looks just as amazing as the proto many moons ago when I first saw it. Transformers is one of my all time fav. If they do a Rodimus im all in. I do want this though, might have to put Wolverine and X-23 sideshow on hold and try to get this instead. Whats the best place and way, also most affordable to try to get this spec fiction? Can anyone let me know what the final price was with shipping to see if I can swing it. Amazing look piece, best Optimus yet
WeaponX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #833
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX23 View Post
Whats the best place and way, also most affordable to try to get this spec fiction? Can anyone let me know what the final price was with shipping to see if I can swing it. Amazing look piece, best Optimus yet
I can't tell you the most affordable. There is a gent on here from Canada that does offer to get pieces for forum-goers but Spec Fiction is where I would get this piece from.

The piece cost me $1799 +$470 shipping = $2269 I'm pretty sure taxes, fees, etc. are rolled into the cost as I didn't pay any more beyond that.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #834
eternalblue02

Hey all. I have a bunch of pictures for you today. I'm absolutely in love with this piece. I find myself continually rotating it to check out all the little details and machine work. Everything's top notch. The whole piece feels heavy, it's machined light where it needs to be but nothing feels cheap or unworthy of its price tag.

I did encounter two issues. One of the cords on the base will need the hair dryer treatment to fit properly. It's impossible to notice unless you play with the cord.

The other issue was the hologram arm light up feature. I placed new batteries in it with the switch off and I could see the blue light through the arm spaces lit even though it was set to off. When I flipped on the switch it did what it was supposed to but when I turned it off I could still see the light on just not at full brightness. I left it off and went to do something and when I came back the hologram was all lit up while the switch was off.

I contacted Todd last night but when I woke up everything works as it should. I think because it's bitterly cold here it may have done something to the electrical in transit. Now that it's at room temperature that may have solved it. Or it's haunted or I have Gremlins.

If anyone has any questions about this piece do not hesitate to ask.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #835
eternalblue02

More pictures.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #836
eternalblue02

The 10lb alt-mode.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #837
off
The X-Men

Awesome pics! Thanks! Look really good.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #838
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Great pictures eternalblue02. And congratulations. Can't wait to have mine!! I would probably do the same thing as you, walking those circles

Have you guys seen that Grimlock at SGCC? What an enormous statue...how can you possibly display such a beast?
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #839
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus007 View Post
Great pictures eternalblue02. And congratulations. Can't wait to have mine!! I would probably do the same thing as you, walking those circles

Have you guys seen that Grimlock at SGCC? What an enormous statue...how can you possibly display such a beast?
Thank you. Yes and yes hes huge. He just went up for preorder at Spec Fiction. He's around the same price as Optimus. As for display, IKEA Pax, custom shelving or moducase. However inventive you are and how much your wallet can manage tbh. I use metal garage shelving with particle board for the surface. It's all rudimentary & affordable. I like it and works for large, 1/3 and above pieces. Heavy goes on the bottom, lighter top. Eventually I'll go moducase but its impossible now until more of these TF's come out due to the different sizes. I have a sneaking suspicion you can get away playing around with a Besta with adjustable height so we'll see.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #840
Lockdown
Mephisto

Hey eternalblu02, congrats. looks awesome, still waiting for mine. Are those windshield wipers on the alt mode easily bendable? I've seen pics of them all warped. Does it come with a print? Need measurements(LxWxH) when Optimus is holding gun straight forward and ax.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote