Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #191
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

He was protecting his wife, and himself... that's reason enough to kill, right there.

You can't "shoot to wound" if the guy who's already breaking into your home (thus, already committing a felony) has a firearm.. he'll be "shooting to kill".

By the way, I'm not a "kill-happy" type of person, but I would do anything to protect my family, whether they be immediate family or extended; as would most of us on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26...-home-invader/
So an 80 year old man here just shot and killed an armed burglar and Mayor Daley like the POS scumbag
refuses to comment on the incident. I think the majority of the people here consider him a hero. If it were up to some folks the man and his wife would be dead right now with a criminal running the streets. Because gun bans to stop crime are a fallacy just like the idea that we can all sit around a camp fire and sing Cumbayah, it's never gonna happen.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #192
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
He was protecting his wife, and himself... that's reason enough to kill, right there.
I agree.
If you don't come looking for trouble you won't find it.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #193
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Quote:
I agree.

Some people think what happened here to the bull fighter is okay. Since he was attacking the bull in the first place. Some people even applaud the bull for killing that "Damn!" matador that was planning on killing the "Defenseless" bull. "Serves him right!" they say!

Funny how when the situation pertains to humans in a similar situation. The Victim (aka The Bull) defending himself from deadly harm does the exact same thing to the assailant (aka bull fighter) and the victim is now wrong!

Those against guns will say, "But we aren't defenseless animals!" as an argument, but in reality we are when the odds are stacked against you. For example an 80yr old man and his wife!

Just something to think about!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #194
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post

Some people think what happened here to the bull fighter is okay. Since he was attacking the bull in the first place. Some people even applaud the bull for killing that "Damn!" matador that was planning on killing the "Defenseless" bull. "Serves him right!" they say!

Funny how when the situation pertains to humans in a similar situation. The Victim (aka The Bull) defending himself from deadly harm does the exact same thing to the assailant (aka bull fighter) and the victim is now wrong!

Those against guns will say, "But we aren't defenseless animals!" as an argument, but in reality we are when the odds are stacked against you. For example an 80yr old man and his wife!

VR
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #195
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Thank you sir!

Just tellin it like it is!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #196
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Thank you sir!

VR
Indeed, you are. Indeeeed, you are.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #197
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

You can't "shoot to wound" if the guy who's already breaking into your home (thus, already committing a felony) has a firearm.. he'll be "shooting to kill".

By the way, I'm not a "kill-happy" type of person, but I would do anything to protect my family, whether they be immediate family or extended; as would most of us on this forum.
Quote:
I agree.
Quote:

VR
Quote:
Thank you sir!

VR
Yes I agree tell it like it is.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #198
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
You're the one so sacred you need to buy a $600 gun to protect your TV from the boogie man on COPS.

There's 2 ways to go about this; we can all arm ourselves to the teeth, every teen, grandma, doctor, plumber, coworker, everyone. Then we can all live in fear that the person sitting next to you on the train isn't having a bad day OR we can stop paying a scared tax to the gun companies and ban all gun sales to the public. Make it almost impossible for a person to get a gun and we can stop being sacred of each other.
$600? That's all? Hell I'd spend $2000 if I had to.

It only takes a few drops of gasoline to spoil an entire gallon of drinking water. It only takes a small group to ruin it for an entire population. Criminals are predators and like all predators they prey on those who can't defend themselves and they think twice about trying that with someone who is armed. Thank God the founders of this country had enough sense to allow citizens to bear arms because they know that guns make the playing field even.

I wonder had you ever faced a criminal before because I have and I've actually had someone break into my home (fortunately my family wasn't home) and I tell you its a very frighting situation to feel very helpless. What if my wife and kids were home at the time? Should they hide in a room and hope the bad guy won't look there? What about the woman who lives alone or the senior citizen whos been robbed repeatedly by some young punk? Its not a matter of being scared its a matter of not being dead.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #199
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
I agree.
Absolutely! I agree that there are too many guns out there - and I don't own one myself - but I don't see anything wrong with anyone protecting themselves from an intruder - the guy got what he deserved
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote