Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Lightbulb Display Cabinet Preferences

This has probably been asked 1000 times but I am looking to purchase some display cabinets and am after some advice.

What is the general preference, mirrored back display cabinets or non mirrored back?

I am almost at the point of purchase for some bespoke units (damn large sized statues) and wanted to know what most other collectors decided to do.

I am edging towards mirrored back so I can see the back of the statues but can't decide and these things are crazy expensive (including a fair amount extra for the mirrored back) so want to make sure I make the right decision!

What do you people think?!

Thanks!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
adee
Green Arrow

I used mirrors in my besta and I really loved the look, unfortunately it’s very difficult to adjust the heights with besta mirrors so I removed them. I think mirrors add a lot to the display.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Yeah I have checked Ikea Bestas and in the UK they don't seem to be the same as in the US (at least not the same as ones I have seen in collectors images)? There are no standard cabinets that will accommodate a 1/4 Alien Queen bust so I am having to have one specially made which sucks as its around £1000 ($1320) with a mirrored back .

Sort of after some advice as I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to be perfect (I'm looking at 2 cabinets total). Been pondering this for a while now and really need to decide asap to get the collection properly displayed.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Ikea PAX is larger. If I had to do it over though I would build some custom units. Or I might buy some heavy duty Gladiator workshop shelving units and build a wooden frame with plexiglass around them. Would probably be 1/3 the price of the PAX unit as well- and a larger view space.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
strika
Frackin!

Depends on the room. Mirrors can make the room seem pretty cluttered if there is stuff on the wall opposite the mirrors I reckon.
strika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

This company has a lot of options.

https://www.displays2go.com/C-666/Di...s-Collectibles
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote