Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #31
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Yeah I remember seeing that before and was surprised how bad it was considering he was known as being "clutch". I think to simply sum it up is Kobe has the killer instinct that Lebron is missing but Lebron is more efficient and better overall for his team.....while Jordan had it all.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #32
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Kobe!

Lebron is a pussy. He changes his team or teammates or staff whenever he feels it is not good enough.
The behaviour of "a best of the best" ? surely not.
If he "gets" a new team.. they get rid of all the veterans in there and "collect" superstars around him. Wao whata skill.

How good is he, if he hasn´t got a team with at least 2 other stars around him ?
We will never know, because he won´t let this happen.
Because then he has to cope with "really" hard defense against him. 2 more superstars split the enemy defense..makes it MUCH easier for him to "look good".

And his last ring he got just because of Kyrie...

He is a very good player.. but nothing compared to the real superstars.

Concerning Kobe we know: ... there was no way to defend him in his best years.

GOAT? MJ for sure!
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #33
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm sure you'd call him that to his face lol. As far as the superteams are concerned I really wouldn't put any of his above these: Today's Warriors, 90's Bulls, early 00's Lakers heck the 80's Celtics and Lakers were pretty stacked. But I'd say if you removed him from his teams it would have more effect than removing any one player from those teams. Even the Bulls made it to the playoffs when Jordan left.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #34
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'm sure you'd call him that to his face lol. As far as the superteams are concerned I really wouldn't put any of his above these: Today's Warriors, 90's Bulls, early 00's Lakers heck the 80's Celtics and Lakers were pretty stacked. But I'd say if you removed him from his teams it would have more effect than removing any one player from those teams. Even the Bulls made it to the playoffs when Jordan left.
Anyway not the best comparsions you made. Other teams, even GS, got mostly only one "new" good player in addition. And GS also lost a very good player, now topscorer of his new team. Lebron needs to change whole teams, and get 3-5 good players, plus 1 or 2 superstars. That´s the poor thing. I can´t look up on those pussy players like lebron; the way he fires most of all other players of his "new team".

If he would have been back to Cleveland, and let the old team stay (mostly) as it is; then I would say Lebron is great. Or even go to another good team , who loses a very good player then in exchange.

But he didn´t care about the old veteran players there. He surely even didn´t care about cleveland.
He only wanted another ring. Poor it is this way.

He even could have gone to a unknown d-league team, change whole team and get a ring this way. SUCKS.

The way he has always chosen: nearly every player of the top10 may get a ring this way. Just collect the best players around themselfes. Only problem .. u need defense too..

NBA comes in danger of having "one half" very good teams , and "another half" losing all their good players and suck around. Could make NBA bit boring with such a difference. Would be sad.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #35
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

King James!!!!
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #36
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Anyway not the best comparsions you made. Other teams, even GS, got mostly only one "new" good player in addition. And GS also lost a very good player, now topscorer of his new team. Lebron needs to change whole teams, and get 3-5 good players, plus 1 or 2 superstars. That´s the poor thing. I can´t look up on those pussy players like lebron; the way he fires most of all other players of his "new team".

If he would have been back to Cleveland, and let the old team stay (mostly) as it is; then I would say Lebron is great. Or even go to another good team , who loses a very good player then in exchange.

But he didn´t care about the old veteran players there. He surely even didn´t care about cleveland.
He only wanted another ring. Poor it is this way.

He even could have gone to a unknown d-league team, change whole team and get a ring this way. SUCKS.

The way he has always chosen: nearly every player of the top10 may get a ring this way. Just collect the best players around themselfes. Only problem .. u need defense too..

NBA comes in danger of having "one half" very good teams , and "another half" losing all their good players and suck around. Could make NBA bit boring with such a difference. Would be sad.
Yeah I understand the way he did it is the problem, especially his announcement to Miami. It really rubbed people the wrong way. My counter argument to you is that it seemed like Cleveland wasn't going to get him the talent he needed to make them a championship team, he pretty much carried them to the finals himself which was pretty incredible. Even if he stayed there and never left but maybe won one or two championships over his entire career he wouldn't be considered with the likes of Kobe imo. Rings just matter may too much and you NEED a great team to win multiple titles. Jordan and Kobe needed great teams to get their rings. I don't think it's selfish for him to want a team that can compete with the Warriors(if that's possible) otherwise he'll just be in their shadow the rest of his career. My point stands that his created superteam wasn't as good as some of the teams I mentioned no matter how they formed.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #37
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Kobe!!!
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #38
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

Overall - James
In the fourth quarter - Kobe

but the real real answer is and always will be thou holiness
Micheal Jordan
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:17 AM   #39
Vracula
Jedi Order

Lebron is a beast. But Kobe in his peak form would beat him .Kobe in his peak form could possible beat Jordan. No way in hell James beats Jordan. James probably is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen but he doesn't have the psychological prowess that Kobe and Jordan possessed and that is why he will always lose to these two.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:43 PM   #40
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Lebron is a beast. But Kobe in his peak form would beat him .Kobe in his peak form could possible beat Jordan. No way in hell James beats Jordan. James probably is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen but he doesn't have the psychological prowess that Kobe and Jordan possessed and that is why he will always lose to these two.
Kobe was a GREAT player and I'd take him over LeBron any day of the week. However, MJ was stronger, faster, and a better athlete than Kobe. Not to mention, he was a far better defender than Kobe. MJ's game was complete. He had no flaws. MJ has been and remains the GOAT.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote