Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Forgot to say thanks to Erick and Kotobukiya for listening to the fans!!! Thanks goes to Erick for traditionally sculpting this one and thanks goes to Koto for taking notice to our plea for a brown costumed Wolverine which was led by Gomur's FB post! Thanks to Gomur for rallying up the troops!
Anytime brother. I'm humbled by the mention. Kudos all around, especially to those who answered the call and Koto for listening. We did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Thanks guys! Just wait until they show it with alternate masked head. Hope you guys like him
It is basically the same concept we just improved a few things.
I love what I see, Erick. So glad you didn't reinvent the wheel but refined what came before. The X-Force Wolverine's more upright stance - which I was unfairly critical of in the past (sorry!) - captures the leader aspect nicely. This one is pure berserker rage and it looks so good! Can't wait to see the masked portrait.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm looking forward to repainting mine

dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #23
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
I'm looking forward to repainting mine

Dammit Kevin!

I look forward to NOT repainting mine because Koto will be PERFECT with the paint! Right? Right?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #24
dark_spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Dammit Kevin!

I look forward to NOT repainting mine because Koto will be PERFECT with the paint! Right? Right?
Totally!!!

What was I thinkin??!!!
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #25
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Since I start collecting I was waiting for the perfect wolverine. As much as I love Bowen Designs, they never nailed the Wolverine charakter for me. They are all nice, but I wanted pure rage.

I omitted the yellow from Koto cause as many here I wanted the brown version.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #26
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

YESSSS!
KOTO one of the best companies in the business! They listen to their fans! Thank you Gonk/Erick and/or whoever made this possible. Also thank you Statueforum members for being the unrelenting pricks that we are(I mean this as a compliment )
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #27
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
YESSSS!
KOTO one of the best companies in the business! They listen to their fans! Thank you Gonk/Erick and/or whoever made this possible. Also thank you Statueforum members for being the unrelenting pricks that we are(I mean this as a compliment )
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #28
Duke
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As much as I am looking forward to the new piece (except the fact that I think it looks like it has the X belt buckle, I rather the plain buckle), I still wish the original sculpt was released, it was just outstanding! My favorite Brown Wolverine!
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #29
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Dammit Kevin!

I agree! Koto will make the paint app perfect this time! They must! We've been waiting years for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
YESSSS!
It's great to see people in such high spirits. It feels like we've won a revolution or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
As much as I am looking forward to the new piece (except the fact that I think it looks like it has the X belt buckle, I rather the plain buckle), I still wish the original sculpt was released, it was just outstanding! My favorite Brown Wolverine!
I actually like the X belt buckle in this wolverine. Most wolverines out on the market right now have classic belt buckles, especially from Bowen. I think only one was made with the X belt buckle and that was an exclusive. Together with the Kotobukiya Yellow Wolverine, only 2 1/6th statues of Wolverine have the X belt buckle, and none of them are in Brown Costume.

I think it's about time we give a brown costume Wolverine the X belt buckle.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #30
Kicksplode
Adamantium Member

The X belt buckle is also more accurate to Jim Lee's art, which has been the primary inspiration for this line.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote