Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
This is supposed to be a 1:4 scale chase scene diorama on a Steel structure that is collapsing and on fire from GG's bombs, so if Venom is supposed to be only couple of feet away from Spidey and about to take a swipe at him then having smoke on his base is consistent and makes sense.
Exactly! That's how I see it.....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #102
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
that sucks. Sad that your collecting is controlled by es.
CBG not SONICobra. SONICobra doesnt give a rats @$$ about es, buys what he likes and occasionally talks in third person
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I agree, I'd also like to see other characters not yet made.

But Venom in particular, people have been asking for a remake for him for years. It's very easily searchable across multiple forums. And it's not like there's a ton of 1/4 Venom options out there. Some characters need revisits.

Mystique needs a revisit (classic White). Storm needs a revisit (Jim Lee white). Bucky needs a revisit (as Winter Soldier). Namor needs a revisit (black costume). Silver Surfer needs a revisit (chrome!).

Those, just as much as it'd be cool to see Archangel, Loki, Magneto, Blade, Invisible Woman, Doctor Octopus, Beast, Human Torch, Dr. Strange, Lizard, etc. At least we know more Guardians and Thanos are on the way.

Venom's looking good. I skipped a bunch of sideshow statues I said I wanted but I don't think I could pass up Venom.
Prime 1 is doing Venom....XM is doing Venom...and SS is doing a 2nd Venom....Not to mention Venoms done in 1/6 or 1/7 (Bowen), and custom Venoms. There are lots of Venoms around...and by and large have all been relatively good to great!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #104
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post

Yeah I can only imagine how much fun it must be some days, not all mind you, to work in a place where you get to design and build awesome collectibles based on some of your favourite characters. Then the energy that must exist as you are surrounded by like minded people. I bet there is a lot of creative competition that brakes out...lol

Nah... First he will start calling Venom "the black Spidey with a mouth"... Then he will go on and on about how much he loves this... Then he will fall in love with XMs Venom and go on and on about how XM is so much better.... And how he couldn't order it... But then he will get one at twice the price of the SSC on... But then it will still be a bargain given the ES... You know the pattern
All too well.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #105
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Somebody just goes through and puts 1 star to each and every topic / thread that goes up. Not a big deal...I'm just anal about it. Drives me up the wall.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #106
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Somebody just goes through and puts 1 star to each and every topic / thread that goes up. Not a big deal...I'm just anal about it. Drives me up the wall.
I noticed that too, prolly some 12 year old.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #107
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Interested in the full reveal of this. It looks very dynamic! I'm guessing it will have 2 heads as well (would be cool if one of those heads had a spider web from Spidey on it).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #108
Parallax
Nightwing

I'm looking forward to Venom because I have the ability to display it side by side with Spider-Man and make it look like a nice chase scene. For me, the Spidey villain I bought was going to come down to whichever I liked more (better pose, cheaper price, etc.) between Venom and Green Goblin. I think based on what I see I'm leaning towards Venom with the pose, but I might get sucked into both.

Unless of course they announce the greatest Spider-Man villain of all time, Hydro-Man.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #109
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I'm looking forward to Venom because I have the ability to display it side by side with Spider-Man and make it look like a nice chase scene. For me, the Spidey villain I bought was going to come down to whichever I liked more (better pose, cheaper price, etc.) between Venom and Green Goblin. I think based on what I see I'm leaning towards Venom with the pose, but I might get sucked into both.

Unless of course they announce the greatest Spider-Man villain of all time, Hydro-Man.
LOL. "Oh no, cement"
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #110
SashaMitchell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Hydro-Man.
Hydrant-Man? Dogs must love him.
SashaMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote