Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-25-2022, 03:46 PM   #3341
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
I just don?t get why people still pay this type of $$ to do preorders anymore in this day and age. FOMO madness?
The DXS was very limited at 999. We had no real choice but to PO and gamble. With this license, and if it turns out good, you will have to pay a huge markup on the resale market.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:55 PM   #3342
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
That?s exactly what those guys count on, $330 will cover most of their factory production cost ( not including license ). It?s a no lose situation for the company.
I'm no bootlicker, but I have an extremely hard time believing this. Everything in this industry (from manufacturing to retail) costs at least twice as much as it did ten years ago. Raw materials and shipping have skyrocketed over the pandemic. No one is producing a 100-lb, 3-foot Predator statue for $330 a pop in 2022, decals or not.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:54 PM   #3343
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
That?s exactly what those guys count on, $330 will cover most of their factory production cost ( not including license ). It?s a no lose situation for the company.

I just don?t get why people still pay this type of $$ to do preorders anymore in this day and age. FOMO madness?
I knew the second I saw this that I wanted it regardless of ES. I can't say that for 99% of the statues I buy. That's why I ordered it. I'd rather risk a crappy product on this then lose out on the DXS version. Where do you come up with $330 to make one of these?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:15 AM   #3344
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:

Wait, how is it “no lose” when you yourself admit their cost plus license fee is higher than that?
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:02 AM   #3345
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I'm no bootlicker, but I have an extremely hard time believing this. Everything in this industry (from manufacturing to retail) costs at least twice as much as it did ten years ago. Raw materials and shipping have skyrocketed over the pandemic. No one is producing a 100-lb, 3-foot Predator statue for $330 a pop in 2022, decals or not.
Don?t want to derail too much but all this production / material cost increase is just bs, they are all made in China. Those guys in factory with couple years experience make $500 / month, new hire way less. And they do it assembly line style with huge volume, everyone gets a part to do, by the time you done 5 or 6 times, things go very fast, most time just waiting for it to dry?.

I have been buying from China directly for few years now for my own collection so have some good relationship with local guys, for example latest piece this magneto on throne they making, I imagine is similar in cost to the p1 it?s 1/4 but huge with throne and volume is way less than official prime1 stuff so per statue cost is lot higher. Cost from same type factory that make prime1 stuff, picking the highest quality level ( you can actually choose levels), is around $400 a pop, and it retails locally for $800-$900. Call it custom recast whatever, the paint/cast quality is all on par with prime1, you can look at the face paint app - right one is the original custom they made cast from, it?s actually worse.

I don?t want to shatter anyones bubble, but it?s all just an illusion, company put a stamp on it and cost goes up multiple times (I know that?s important to some and understandable ) Most of sideshow stuff is done at a lower factory so they are even cheaper to make especially with the volume they do.

Shipping cost did went up a lot but they just get passed to you. The extra cost is license and original design, that get divided among all the edition size. Price going up is not because of production cost
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	733C6CFF-B270-4958-81E8-EE7A2DB684B4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	153302   Click image for larger version

Name:	23B1C84C-ADBF-4C09-934B-85394940776E.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	153303   Click image for larger version

Name:	34460E11-6D8B-47F7-915F-E2A61C4E13AD.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	153304  
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 05:22 AM   #3346
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

I don?t want to shatter anyones bubble, but it?s all just an illusion, company put a stamp on it and cost goes up multiple times (I know that?s important to some and understandable ) Most of sideshow stuff is done at a lower factory so they are even cheaper to make especially with the volume they do.

Shipping cost did went up a lot but they just get passed to you. The extra cost is license and original design, that get divided among all the edition size. Price going up is not because of production cost

Preach Brother!

Personally I'd peg it at ~$700 due to the complexity of the paint and casting so many parts.

A cancelled order IS a NO lose situation for these companies. Sure Prime1 has to wait for another buyer.
You guys are looking at this from an individual order perspective instead of the aggregate across the population.

Prime1 has ALL their data to statistically analyze. They can reliably estimate order attrition and all the rest. Cancelled orders are pure profit for these companies. Companies like Prime1 are NOT going to over extend their risk. There is NO chance Prime1 would be left with hundreds of these while taking some imagined "loss". Notice how some people get their statues months before others? Prime1 is knows how to play batches and has plenty enough clout with these factories to get them to agree.

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Deposits are NOT for covering costs they are for reducing the number of uncommitted orders down to P1's own acceptable risk of carrying an inventory on hand for a period of time. EVERYTHING sells out eventually. Despite all the rhetoric and praising superlatives heaped upon this statue, this statue is just another widget for the company.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:24 PM   #3347
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Oh ok, so we should just continue with the purchase if Prime 1 delivers a turd because they're just making profits no matter what? Inventory costs a lost of overhead, which no company wants. They don't want product sitting on their shelves, especially when it takes up as much space as these boxes do. They want them pre-bought so as soon as they have the inventory they can ship them out.

And no, they are definitely NOT counting on us to cancel our pre-orders. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 03:24 PM   #3348
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ Who said anything about buyers should continue to complete a purchase they don't want?

For Prime1's POV it's all about the sweet spot of how much inventory and how long it takes to move.
Just because one person cancels does not mean there isn't a line of people looking to buy in a few days. Point is it isn't a lost sale just a delayed one and maybe not too delayed at that.

Prime 1 isn't going to deliver a turd. Look how the Big Game cover art turned out. Like the proto? Nope! They got a bunch sitting around? Nope!

As customers people want to believe their business matters. It doesn't. Just because you cancel there is no boo hoo from Prime1.
All those CODB get baked into the price of the statues as well. Prime1 is not beholden to the NRDs as insurance for their business model.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #3349
jinkazama
Cobra Command

As this is listed on P1's website to start shipping out between September and December this year, we may start seeing production pics soon IF we're lucky.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:17 AM   #3350
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
The DXS was very limited at 999.
I wouldn't say that's "very limited" I'd actually suggest that is a pretty high ES number given how expensive this is. They sure are taking their time revealing the full ES on this though. It's due to ship any time after the next three days and it's still mostly tbd. I'd love to see some production line pics for this...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote