Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #271
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+1 Heubert Khan Michael: Through his rep Kirk at 3-Wishes.biz. Fast, open to concepts, and great communication with Kirk. This one hasn't been mailed quite yet but very happy with the scan provided. Definitely would do business again.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #272
CJ82

-1 Tyler Kirkham: Through MGA. Most expensive and disappointing commission yet. Would have hoped for better results for the cost. Little-to-no communication after dropping a large sum of money; 1 month of radio silence after prelim. Asked for an update, another month goes by of nothing. Later informed artist took a vacation and had other work (why you would post a listing on CAF saying you are currently open for commission if you clearly aren't). Got scan of final piece today that ignored revision agreed upon with prelim (probably because it was shelved and forgotten for 2 months). Definitely wont be going with them again.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #273
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
-1 Tyler Kirkham: Through MGA. Most expensive and disappointing commission yet. Would have hoped for better results for the cost. Little-to-no communication after dropping a large sum of money; 1 month of radio silence after prelim. Asked for an update, another month goes by of nothing. Later informed artist took a vacation and had other work (why you would post a listing on CAF saying you are currently open for commission if you clearly aren't). Got scan of final piece today that ignored revision agreed upon with prelim (probably because it was shelved and forgotten for 2 months). Definitely wont be going with them again.
MGA's customer service is as bad as it gets. Great Roster, but terrible dealer!
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #274
CJ82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
MGA's customer service is as bad as it gets. Great Roster, but terrible dealer!
Dang, well I certainly know now! I'd love to hear your experience, though maybe through PM as to not derail the thread.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #275
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear this about Tyler. He seems like a great guy and I've had no trouble with MGA in the past. I also have an outstanding commission with Tyler and am nervous now!
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #276
CJ82

-1 Bob McLeod: Luke warm on this one but ultimately not happy. Never got any prelims or a scan of the final, just an email saying it was done and shipped. Reference I sent as an example of what I wanted was a full figure, Bob's piece is a torso cut off at the thigh. Also the example on his website for single figure commission (and one I directly referenced to him in emails) demonstrates a full entire figure too(http://www.bobmcleod.com/bpanther.gif). Misleading.

Not having good luck lately. Though currently working with Richard Moore and he's been very clear on what I'm getting, sending roughs, looking good for that one.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #277
CJ82

+1 Paris Cullins: This one is shipping soon, just got the scan for now. Open to the concept, friendly, fast, let me choose from some roughs (fantastic, more artists need to do this) and kept me updated throughout the whole process. Payment in 'chunks' at each stage which is nice. Very happy, definitely want to do business with him again.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #278
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anybody ever order a commission through Cadence Comic Art?
Ive ordered a sketch from Simon Roy (an "add to cart" kinda deal) and paid via paypal but recieved no kind of confirmation from them or any request for what character id like.
This normal?
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:41 AM   #279
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
+1 Paris Cullins: This one is shipping soon, just got the scan for now. Open to the concept, friendly, fast, let me choose from some roughs (fantastic, more artists need to do this) and kept me updated throughout the whole process. Payment in 'chunks' at each stage which is nice. Very happy, definitely want to do business with him again.
That's great to hear that Paris is back is back on track with his commission work. There has been some negative comments in past years in regard to his follow through. I hope you will post this when you get it.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #280
CJ82

+1 Pepe Larraz: Took a while to respond after initial contact, (seems busy with current Marvel gigs) but finally got back to me saying he had time between projects. Had the piece done within a few days (just have the scan, hasn't shipped quite yet). Would have preferred if he had sent prelims before going straight to finals but still very pleased with the end result.