Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #781
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Sorry you aren't happy with your purchase, we worked hard on these and yes there are problems, we can't catch every detail on every piece. I don't remove the product from the box, only the head to make a few adjustments.

If you purchased direct I'd be happy to issue you a full refund if you aren't 100% satisfied...

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:41 AM   #782
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I feel sorry for you LEC
You can easily fix the piston issue if you can remove the screw and reposition it.
But the wire and rubber are another story
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #783
LEC
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
I feel sorry for you LEC
You can easily fix the piston issue if you can remove the screw and reposition it.
But the wire and rubber are another story
I don't know... it doesn't look like a screw I can remove.

Also, the piston seems glued in place and the hole where the screw goes is offset. So basically the screw is straight and the hole in the piston follows the screw...

Seems like a number of things need to be done to get this right.

Too bad about the wires especially because Paul said that he would adjust them on every piece that came throug Texas... or did I misread that?

Anyway, thanks for the sympathy CAIN MKII.
LEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #784
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hell, it seems worse than I thought.
I have the same problem with the wires.
In a near futur I will replace them With a new set of copper wires, long enough to bend below the sign.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #785
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEC View Post
I don't know... it doesn't look like a screw I can remove.

Also, the piston seems glued in place and the hole where the screw goes is offset. So basically the screw is straight and the hole in the piston follows the screw...

Seems like a number of things need to be done to get this right.

Too bad about the wires especially because Paul said that he would adjust them on every piece that came throug Texas... or did I misread that?

Anyway, thanks for the sympathy CAIN MKII.
I don't believe you misread that.

It'd be pretty time consuming to self QC every item that came through their offices from China. It's probably just an unfortunate fact that it's cheaper for them to take a chance on flawed product reaching customers and offering refunds than it is to pay someone to QC everything from head to toe. That alone would be a full time job. A chipped something would be easy to miss at any stage of QC, and the other stuff probably happened when it was shoved into the box carelessly by a chinese factory worker that's still under paid, best factory or no best factory.

How it happened doesn't help you, but I guess at least there's the refund? *shrug* I'd take it because there's a lot of nice things to be bought with 1200 dollars and a broken statue ain't one of them. But they are very limited so a replacement is not always so easy unless it's been prepared for...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. At least you have the option of getting your money back and or trying for a replacement.

I woke up about 20 min ago after this wicked dream sequence. My dream was going about it's business when suddenly this incredible, loud, low pitched growl happened right on top of me. It lasted for about 5 seconds, during which time I was blacking out and it ended when I woke up. It gave me goose bumps upon waking up. I thought of two things to match that growl to, neither of which I have never heard in my life. A demon from the deepest depths of hell, or a T-rex. Or a future ex wife. I'm not sure except that hot damn that was crazy as a mf'er. Anyway I just thought I'd type that out to blow alittle more time before I go back to bed because I don't want to fall back asleep into that same dream sequence. I think I'm alittle more white at the moment than usual...in the context of the dream it was incredibly out of place.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #786
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

What we take from this is further scrutiny of the factory samples and holding them responsible. I can make sure that every detail is correct on the products samples and then when the product arrives and things have changed what are we to do? We aren't alone in this problem, other companies have the same problems or worse.

From the sample to the final product things were changed slightly, all I can do is learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

With Anubis and our Endoskull we delayed both by weeks due to minor changes that had to be made.

Moving forward we will be pulling samples throughout the run and pouring over each part, if it's not right the factory will need to fix it no matter the delay.

ED-209's edition is set at 300 and we won't be producing anything again that's as saturated as ED-209. The changes that need to be made aren't major and could be easily fixed even though I know it should be right.

If for any reason you are unhappy with your product and bought direct, drop Amy an email at: agarrett@chroniclecollectibles.com

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #787
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Take it from Jerry, inspect every piece.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #788
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Finally got my ED-209...it was a pain in the ass since the customs held it for almost one week, they opened it...two times, they even opened the envelope with the artwork in it...

But here it is

Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #789
Armored_Berserk

Old 08-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #790
Armored_Berserk