Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-05-2021, 01:15 AM   #441
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I don't see what physical size has to do with mental or spiritual fitness. And again, muscle isn't what killed the Predators in the first two films. Dutch was thrown around like a ragdoll, the only reason he wasn't immediately split in half is because the Predator wanted to play with him. Same with Harrigan. Those two won because the Predator is a cocky bastard who savored the fight too long.

The "realism" you're talking about doesn't come into play unless there's a one-on-one fistfight and she's able to bring the Predator to the ground with a tackle or punch. That would be hard to believe with any human and they tried it in Dark Fate: a teenager successfully tackles a 500-lb hunk of metal. No human should be able to beat it with brute strength, hence Kyle having to blow up the first Terminator and Sarah luring it into a hydraulic press.

Of course, the bigger problem with Dark Fate was the script and story. Could've worked if they had something better to do with those characters.

Long story short, we don't even know what the showdown between the hero and the Predator will look like in the new film. If she karate kicks him into submission, yeah, your complaints are warranted. But for now, you're flipping your lid at a casting decision.
Look, I'm not here to argue with people about politics, but it's totally clear to me, that you're too far gone. There's plenty of people reading this, shaking their heads north in agreement with me... You're trying to play that game, but you're in a tiny minority, trying to speak for the masses...

Anyways, you go and enjoy the new movie. It's all good dude... I was just saying that it would be a financial mistake if Prime 1 produced pieces from this newer flick... But what do I know right? Lol... Have a good night man.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:49 AM   #442
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Look, I'm not here to argue with people about politics, but it's totally clear to me, that you're too far gone.
Dude, I'm not arguing politics. I'm talking about plot points from the previous movies and the importance of story over casting and you're completely ignoring it in favor of some "left vs. right" deal.

So yeah, guess I'll ditto your last sentiment.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:40 AM   #443
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Honestly Crocodile, I never wasted my time & patience seeing it... I can tell in 5 seconds by a trailer if a movie's complete crap or not... Plus my friends told me about it.
Haha yeah my initial gut was telling me to avoid after viewing the online trailers, everyone of them showed the new Terminator being beaten up, BIG RED flag lol. But couldn't avoid temptation as I love the terminator equally as the predator and Arnies one of my favorite actors also, his getting pretty old and won't see much of him anymore.

I'm still going to give the new Pred movie a chance, as I can't help myself and have always loved the creature and it's concept, history etc. Yeah slim chances that it'll be A grade (or even B), I know, probably going to be disappointed again.

But I also do think, we as an audience, know this creature too well, how it reacts to modern and future fights/hunts. So naturally the fear factor has diminished somewhat. Personally for me, I would prefer a prequel, sometime in the past (whether it'd be the middle ages, ancient time, or even a few hundred years ago) if they curate the story carefully and make it more horror/terror based, as people in older times had to be creative with a lot of things, so they'll need to up it a notch to fight the predator, I think it could work. They've already explored the present and future, so about time they go in the past. Maybe get Arnies impressive looking son to star as one of the main characters lol.

If this new movie does get the green light, hope it doesn't turn out like the last one, by far the worst of the lot even including all latter terminator and alien movies. I don't want to even imagine the magnitude of damaged done to the predator character itself when younger generations whom watched this as their first predator movie

It was a very sad day when I watched it in the cinemas, how they butchered everything that I loved about this character.
Every scene I was in constant disbelief at what they were doing especially after the first 30 minutes or so. On the positive side, I don't think it can get any worse so the only way is up! (I hope lol)
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:45 AM   #444
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ I must be missing something, for the last I heard, this new predator movie was set in the past. Like the Revolutionary period. And the main protagonist was a Native American. Basically keeping the showdown very primitive like the ending of the first with Arnold. Guess my sources were way off.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:35 AM   #445
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Let me guess: you liked Ghostbusters 2016 and Terminator Woke Fate! Lol...

All xeno said was that maybe we should wait until we have some more info before judging it, and that seems fair enough. I appreciate that Hollywood has gone off of the rails, but comparing an upcoming movie in which the only real detail we have is the name of an actress, to a dumpster fire like Ghostbusters 2016 seems a bit harsh. And that movie wasn't bad because it was female, it was bad because they choose unfunny leads whom resorted to mostly toilet humour and an incompetent director who mostly let them wing it. The concept could have worked just fine with more planning and a more competent execution.

Blade put it eloquently on the last page, braun only gets you so far in the worlds of Aliens & Predators, Arnie is the only real strong guy we've see and he won with his ingenuity and his ability to use nature to his advantage. Not to mention both franchises already have a history of featuring multi gendered casts, both the movies and comics. So I'm not sure this is necessarily "Woke" like so many modern movie are. Let's just wait and see a few more details before we get too offended is all....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:26 AM   #446
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Fingers crossed they take up the Machiko Noguchi story.
That could make a great movie.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:32 AM   #447
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Let me guess: you liked Ghostbusters 2016 and Terminator Woke Fate! Lol...
You really put all your cards on the table that quickly, huh? I'm surprised you didn't throw an "SJW" or "special snowflake" in there somewhere.

For the record, she's not some modern-day teenager glued to Instagram. She's a Comanche warrior. That sounds like worthy prey to me, but we won't know until we actually see the film.

Had all of Blade and Python's posts quoted, but I figure we're already derailing the thread enough. So, in short, I agree with everything you two said and it was well-stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Fingers crossed they take up the Machiko Noguchi story.
That could make a great movie.
That is my dream. I'm not sure it would ever be made without many aspects of the book/comic being altered though - for whatever reason. Which is why part of me is glad it hasn't happened. I'd like it to stay as authentic as possible. I grew up with that story.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:35 AM   #448
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

I lost track, to many long text reply's that include many epic responses

I shall return here when this epic statue will be up for pre-order this month. Cannot wait for the full reveal
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:31 AM   #449
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
You are right as JAWS posted a pic in the JH thread comparing them both. The fugitive whilst looks big, is in scale compared to the 1/4 JH. This 1/3 JH won't likely be scaled like the comic, it'll probably be a true 1/3 size wise.
I just saw the picture. The JH is bigger for sure. Look at those hands. I truly hope this baby will be true 1/3. Cannot wait for the pre-order. Next week hopefully!
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #450
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I just can’t believe after 34 years they cannot make a good Predator film. I really don’t get why it’s so hard.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote