Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #28271
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'll happily eat my words if I think The Batman is good. Hoping that it its. I'm hard to please when it comes to Bats though. I'll see it this weekend maybe.
Same here. But after reading some spoiler free reviews, I’m confident that it’s going to be solid. I’m going Friday.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #28272
Agent23

The Dark Knight (rewatch) - 10/10

Still my favorite movie.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:29 PM   #28273
Agent23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Better Days (2019) - A bullied teenage girl forms an unlikely friendship with a mysterious young man who protects her from her assailants, all while she copes with the pressures of her final examinations.

Oscar-nominated film with a compelling story. 8/10
Hey ParisDean - think I’ve told you this before, but in just case, I wanted to say I always like reading your reviews, as your tastes in movies are similar to mine. I’ve watched many movie based upon your reviews on here.

I’ll add this one to my list.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #28274
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'll happily eat my words if I think The Batman is good. Hoping that it is. I'm hard to please when it comes to Bats though. I'll see it this weekend maybe.
Exactly, he's not going to be good at all and I can't even stand watching him in the trailers. He refused to workout for the role and his teeth bother me while in the mask. Zoe intrigues me as Catwoman though so that's why I'm going this weekend. I think she'll do good.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:21 PM   #28275
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Hey ParisDean - think I?ve told you this before, but in just case, I wanted to say I always like reading your reviews, as your tastes in movies are similar to mine. I?ve watched many movie based upon your reviews on here.

I?ll add this one to my list.
Thanks! I started watching Better Days just to check it off a list, but found it surprisingly engaging and really liked it.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:25 PM   #28276
ParisDean

Mulan (2020) - A young Chinese maiden disguises herself as a male warrior in order to save her father.

At least it looked nice. I've never seen the animated version which I've heard is better. 5/10
Old 03-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #28277
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Mulan (2020) - A young Chinese maiden disguises herself as a male warrior in order to save her father.

At least it looked nice. I've never seen the animated version which I've heard is better. 5/10
I saw the animated version in theathers. It was Mulan against the great Hun Hakan, Mete Khan. (also known as Mao-tun) I was 13 and totally supporting Mete Khan, howling for the blood of mulan the whole cartoon. xD HA HA Mete Khan depicted as this super sadistic evil villain in the cartoon. I kind of enjoyed that... xD He was so bad ass... xD

I knew Mete Khan from the Turkish History lesson since i was 8 or 9 or something. As The leader of the first Turkish Empire known as The Great Hun Empire. There is also a great epic legend about him known as the ''Oğuz Khan Legend''. It is mostly believed That Oğuz Khan is Mete. Oğuz means Ox in Anciant Turkish. Turkish believe, the Ottomans came from the Oğuz klan's Kayı extention. So we see Mete Khan as this Legenday ancestor. (: Ofcouse, i was gonna support Mete Khan. ---- mulan.... xD HA HA
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #28278
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Kingsman - The Beginning
Some scenes were a bit ridiculous but all in all the film was very entertaining 7/10
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:40 PM   #28279
ParisDean

Cyrano (2021) - Too self-conscious to woo Roxanne himself, wordsmith Cyrano de Bergerac helps young Christian nab her heart through love letters.

What I liked most about this movie was the music. The songs sung by Haley Bennett in particular were surprisingly good. The rest of the film is the standard contemporary take on a period piece with more inclusive casting. 6/10
Old 03-04-2022, 11:33 PM   #28280
Agent23

The Batman - 9.5/10