Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #31
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Pssshhh...just put John on it then.

Or you do it.

PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #32
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well since the man who has a big say so, is always carrying this toy around with him . This is the pose he probably wants Jerry to do.

Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #33
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Pose has actually been the biggest obstacle on Blanka.

His most classic poses are crunched up and would not look so great as a large statue.

Everyone would complain about how small he was and how you dont see his muscles.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #34
Nipshank
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hoping something similar to this pic, complete with lightning effect. Blanka's a crouched fighter, always, so it's pretty much gotta be a similar pose.
Unless it's his win pose with arms raised, his starting pose where's he's standing but still all scrunched up.

Nipshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #35
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

His most classic poses are crunched up and would not look so great as a large statue.

Everyone would complain about how small he was and how you dont see his muscles.
Blanka is a feral character, so I could see him being a bit crunched/hunched in his positioning.

But I hope (so badly) that if you're ever to do Hugo that your above comment dictates your art direction. According to the game a 24" statue would be 1/4 scale. But for him to look appropriate he'll have to be 24" even with his knees slightly bent. He'd be 100% (looking) in scale at 26" statue!

Not trying to derail Blanka. Just glad you're taking height vs pose vs essence into account.

IMHO Zangief is the most tragic result of this problem. He should be a skyscraper standing nearly as tall as Sagat. But his pose makes him look like the dwarf from LOTR.

No offense, because Zangief is a masterpiece otherwise.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #36
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Are you happy with the pose you're doing for him then, Jerry?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #37
Nipshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Blanka is a feral character, so I could see him being a bit crunched/hunched in his positioning.

But I hope (so badly) that if you're ever to do Hugo that your above comment dictates your art direction. According to the game a 24" statue would be 1/4 scale. But for him to look appropriate he'll have to be 24" even with his knees slightly bent. He'd be 100% (looking) in scale at 26" statue!

Not trying to derail Blanka. Just glad you're taking height vs pose vs essence into account.

IMHO Zangief is the most tragic result of this problem. He should be a skyscraper standing nearly as tall as Sagat. But his pose makes him look like the dwarf from LOTR.

No offense, because Zangief is a masterpiece otherwise.
At 7'10" Hugo's 1/4 should be 23.5" if he was to stand straight up.
I thought Zangief's pose matched the games perfectly.

Back to Blanka, I don't mind it to be a crouched short statue, after all it's Blanka and that is Blanka...
Old 12-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #38
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipshank View Post
At 7'10" Hugo's 1/4 should be 23.5" if he was to stand straight up.
I thought Zangief's pose matched the games perfectly.

Back to Blanka, I don't mind it to be a crouched short statue, after all it's Blanka and that is Blanka...
Hugo is 8'0"

And I'm sorry, Zangief's head is at Guile's waistline. You may like the pose, that's fine. But he looks waaaay too short compared to the other characters. As amazing as the sculpt is, you have to recognize that very obvious detail.

Which I kinda think (to some degree) Jerry is acknowledging by saying it would be a mistake to make Blanka (another large character) appear too small by squatting and crunching him down.

Edit: I see SFWiki has him listed at 7'10". But I'm fairly certain official Capcom sources had him at 8'0". Anyway, regardless of the two inches he towers above Sagat 7'4" and T.Hawk 7'5". So I'd still recommend nothing less than a 26" statue.

The character is enormous!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #39
Nipshank

How tall is Zangief's statue? 18"? With his crouched pose I'm sure measuring him joint to joint you'd get the proper 1/4 scale. I don't own him so I'm unsure and only going by his stats off the website.

Hugo I'm not caring about, they could make him 50' for all I care.

Blanka has never come off as a "large" character to me, ever actually and I thought he was listed as 6' or just a bit taller. His character is always crouched, always low, why would a company sculpt him anyway different?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #40
Joppula

I need you to care about Hugo.

Please.