Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #391
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
On the photo with Medusa's back to us, do you notice the two rougher, almost broken, looking section of hair near the bottom? I'm assuming that's to fit in smoothly next to Lockjaw, but Bryan, can you confirm that?

Also, on her mask, there seem to be some bubbles or creases. Is that intentional? I hope not as it's distracting from her pretty eyes.
Lol our photography skills aren't our strongest skills that I'd admit;

1) Mask - those aren't bubbles or creases, it's actually groove lines as part of the mask's design. If I zoomed in any more with my phone, the face starts getting distorted but hope you can see the groove lines. Not Bubbles I can assure you.

2) Hair - Most folks have concerns about the hair. Apparently hair sculpts are one of the most expensive items sculptors charge due to the detailing and technicality - needs to be strong enough to hold the statue's weight. After SGTCC, the boys are going to relook at the hair. It's gonna cost abit but well worth it in exchange for collector's happiness.

Last but not least, I'd like to clarify, the Medusa shown on PO and website is the SAME as the one shown in FB. Some people are saying we changed the sculpt, so let me dispel that. Same prototype just different lighting and photo angles.

Staff wise... I'll update you on that later. Can't give away too much. ;p
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 AM   #392
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Well that looks pretty good. I think the staff should be added to it.
The staff was borrowed from her hubby. If you have Blackbolt, you can get the Queen to hold the staff - they are companion pieces
Old 08-28-2015, 03:57 AM   #393
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

will be a second head or only the masked one? and can u make some pictures with blackbolt too?
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:05 AM   #394
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Only the masked head comes with this statue. Lockjaw is quite a substantial 'accessory' in this regard. Would love to take pics together with Blackbolt but the King's master prototype is currently in the Factory going through mass cloning so no photos on him, I'm afraid.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:27 AM   #395
Nebiros
A day without sunshine is like... night.

For xm staff, Medusa price:

Xm.eu: 1189 euro + 25 euro (shipping cost)!!

Retail price XM.com: 663 euro (with European fees 808)
Member price Xm.com: 596 euro (with European fees 727)

This situation is ridiculous , European site should keep prices of com , not speculate .
Nebiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 AM   #396
chipbutty55
Frackin!

Hi shorudan, i think I'm right in thinking that you can display Medusa without Lockjaw if desired as the she is supported by her hair.
If this is the case, will there be a switch-out left arm, or something else to go under her left hand, as it obviously is stretched out to sit on top of Lockjaws head, but if he's not there, it may look a little odd?
Just a thought, so thought I would ask!!
chipbutty55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:52 AM   #397
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
Hi shorudan, i think I'm right in thinking that you can display Medusa without Lockjaw if desired as the she is supported by her hair.
If this is the case, will there be a switch-out left arm, or something else to go under her left hand, as it obviously is stretched out to sit on top of Lockjaws head, but if he's not there, it may look a little odd?
Just a thought, so thought I would ask!!
A good idea but the challenge is there is hair curled around her left arms... to make a switch out would risk breakage. Also the original design intention was meant for Medusa and Lockjaw to be displayed together as a complete setup. We made Medusa sit on her own hair to illustrate her unique powers of controlling her hair and also so there would be minimal paint scrapes if she were to actually sit on Lockjaw.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 AM   #398
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
These were bought out by flippers in Singapore. They will all end up on Facebook and ebay at flipper prices. They know that some US collectors will give in and pay their prices. It is the same way with Phoenix. I think one or two get posted every day on there.
But not all will go for crazy money. Sure Phoenix and mags will. Look at the ended prices for XM hulk, Hawkeyes, XM black widow at a bit more than 800.00 etc.... I think it's all on which character. As for medusa she has a chance to do well because ss I don't see them making her like ever. Will this ship before 6 months from now?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:35 AM   #399
Coffee Bear
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi I notice in the original unpainted pictures medusa is sitting close to the dog head. In the painted proto she seem to be sitting much further away. Can we place them near or is the sitting position fix?

Also please dun change the face scuplt. It is perfect as it is.
Coffee Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #400
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

this sold out in 3 mins on the website, not like hulk, hawkeyes and bw, this will be more for sure.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote