Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-14-2017, 05:08 AM   #161
daz1999
Mephisto

I get the reasoning for the v cut and that's fine but why not make it more limited, up the price to cover the smaller edition size and make what the majority seem to want?, personally now I've seen the concept bust it looks wrong proportionally head to chest, his massive chest and shoulders are so important to his look imo, I'm holding out hope Paul changes his mind but if not I'll wait, I'm patient
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #162
paris
Fantastic Four

It's nice to see collectors make suggestions on the v cut and Brian made it a lot better and still a v cut.
Good job lets hope CC is watching this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Ill throw this out there, i am a fan of the V cut both for esthetics and cost.

Paul, please accept this as neutral imput for the sake of forum banter.....

Perhaps it needs adjusted for just a bit of balance and to show off a few more key design elements of the suit while maintaining the V cut.
Its a compromise on both ends.

I hate to say it, but im getting it either way!
paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #163
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
It's nice to see collectors make suggestions on the v cut and Brian made it a lot better and still a v cut.
Good job lets hope CC is watching this.
Thanks.

Paul and CC have a really good eye for this stuff So I'm sure it will turn out well whatever they end up producing.

I am just throwing out options and opinions, i would personally be a bit upset if people were messing with my designs and critiquing them, most artists would due to creativity being a very personal feeling.

As far as my idea of a bit larger chest V cut to balance it and include some key suit design elements, I also think that it could be hollowed out more in the back to reduce weight and cost.
Paul's proto looks good and i see the Roman bust inspiration, but if it was made a bit wider like in my Photoshop Moc up, then I think it would have to taper back in the rear to reduce weight and materials.
Example...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5e19fab8115b721bf7f8e6949089bec6.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	108700  
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #164
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Double post

Last edited by #Brian; 10-14-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Double post
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #165
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I will only be buying a full chest with no battle damage, so count me out if that's not the direction here.

And that's fine by me - except that I see equal complaints about how product doesn't sell, and then I'm left to wonder why the decision was made... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This puzzles me as well. You have close to 100% agreement from feedback so far that a V cut is not desirable in a Robocop bust. Chronical then decides V cut is the way to go....wtf?

It’s like they’re intentionally trying to shoot themselves in the foot. Sucks, I thought for sure I would finally be adding a proper Robo bust to the collection after all these years. The wait goes on.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #166
qz33
Doctor Doom

I understand the discussion about artist's prerogative vs public opinion but let's be honest this stuff is about making money, as we are constantly reminded by the company itself.

Likely for others and at least for myself spending ~$1000 for non essential compromises isn't a habit I hope to develop.

Regardless of the my view of the decision I do hope for the best outcome for success of this product and Chronicle.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #167
Vader
Ghost

I like the v cut. Don't need another Barton bust
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:52 AM   #168
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just watched the video, main reason for the v cut seems to be because Paul thinks it will be too ‘huge’ otherwise
I’m not sure what his comparison is but a 1:1 robocop bust is definitely not what I’d describe as huge (unless you collect hot toys). Sounds like the v cut is definite also, and with the mention of keeping costs down you can pretty much guarantee a translucent resin face will be out.
If the design remains as is then it’s looking like the Barton Bust will still be the best one available imo (at least best licensed one available)
Just sold my Barton Bust so will be hopefully looking down another avenue for my 1:1 robocop Bust fix
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #169
Atheris
The Maxx

CC wants to do a V cut Robocop bust, fine, it’s their company they can do what they like. What I can’t understand is how they plan to sell this for $1500 with a quarter of the bust missing? In its current form, it’s essentially just a head on a base. In my opinion, this is the wrong direction to go with this bust, and I’m not just speaking from personal preference. Visually, this bust will look like an oversized chess piece. It will display oddly next to other busts because it will appear smaller with so much empty space under it.

This won’t sell out as fast as it would if it were designed to be a full bust with chest plate. Toynami is making these, what QC do you need worry about? You saw what they could do with the 1:2 bust, why go half in with a life size bust? The way I approach most business decisions is you ether go all in and commit, or don’t even bother. Half effort almost always fails, is a waste of time and money, not to mention the inevitable headache that follows.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #170
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It is an interesting choice. I have no vested interest in this piece; I like Robocop, but not enough to buy statues. I will say that the V cut looks cool, but I understand people's hesitation. The 1:1 bust will be huge with a chest, but at the same time it would (quite literally) dwarf any other similar Robocop statue ever made, so I think it would be worth the effort.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote