Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #71
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You said it all brother
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:08 AM   #72
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I'm a big vfm kind of person but even I can see why Cain and ed cost so much. Your average piece (very broadly speaking) is made up of maybe 8 or so pieces? Cain and ed have hundreds all individually molded and cast. Then the factory has to assemble and paint those hundreds of pieces not just 8 or so. Then take into account the toynami factory was used not one of the cheap ass ones sideshow uses, then there's Phil tippets involvement I doubt he did all that for free it all soon adds up. The scale shouldn't even be a issue these are prop replicas the scale is what it is, if you change it you defeat the whole point of producing a prop replica.
I agree with all that you have said here. It funny how people associate price to physical size, rather than all the research, licence agreements, people hours in that go into making moulds, painting, putting together, design and packaging creation etc. etc.

It's a balancing act between making a good and accurate product vs breaking even/making a profit.

It would have been interesting to see if HT hadn't released and/or re-released ED-209 how many people would have jumped on Chronicle's ED-209 - regardless of price point. I own all three - HT original, HT re-release and Chronicle's. Chronicle's is in every way far superior and I do not problem with the price point, quality or scale.

While I would like other Robocop items to come on the market - I feel it is a bit over saturated at the moment. Yes, die hard fans will still buy - but if you can not break even or make a profit in doing so, then it is not worth doing - as it may send the company under. (It maybe best to shelve the idea until a later date, then revisit it to see if the timing, market, profitability if right).

I run my own company and there are many things I would like to do, make, own etc. but it all comes down to will it make any money because if it doesn't I could be force to sell my house etc. to cover production costs, wages etc.
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:48 AM   #73
Atheris
The Maxx

The economy is tanking right now and will soon get worse. The collectible market will follow behind. If you can't come out as a new company guns blazing you ain't gonna get another shot later on.

Start with the hot established properties and make what people want to establish a footing. Simple.

Now is not the time to take your time and make obscure characters or left field collectibles that no one wants. That will surely sink a new business.

The poll I made is a good example. Paul only wanted to make a 1:2 Robo bust for this line. Right now it's trending as the 2nd worst option in the poll. I suggested a 1:3 statue or 1:1 bust instead which he opposed, yet they're the leading two votes by a mile. Which products do you think will succeed or fail using that small sample? You can't ask the consumer base what they want and then do the opposite. Because when it fails, you pretty much asked for it.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:42 AM   #74
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'd soooo be in for a 1/2 scale robocop. He would look so epic! After my heartbreaker 1/2 scale Iron man, I'm so into 1/2 scale now. Especially for non human type statues.
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #75
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
The economy is tanking right now and will soon get worse. The collectible market will follow behind. If you can't come out as a new company guns blazing you ain't gonna get another shot later on.

Start with the hot established properties and make what people want to establish a footing. Simple.

Now is not the time to take your time and make obscure characters or left field collectibles that no one wants. That will surely sink a new business.

The poll I made is a good example. Paul only wanted to make a 1:2 Robo bust for this line. Right now it's trending as the 2nd worst option in the poll. I suggested a 1:3 statue or 1:1 bust instead which he opposed, yet they're the leading two votes by a mile. Which products do you think will succeed or fail using that small sample? You can't ask the consumer base what they want and then do the opposite. Because when it fails, you pretty much asked for it.

Chris
Really can't understand some companies way of thinking.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #76
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

When we started with ED-209 I also had guys wanting it at any price, when I released it at $999 they were no where to be found. These polls are like political polls, it's a fantasy number until you put the rubber to the road.

We are doing a lot of projects with our retail partners like GameStop. Those relationships will allow me to keep making high quality replicas. Jurassic Park and our Buck Rogers Starfighter are the next pieces to drop. JP will be the Hammonds Cane followed by some dinosaurs.

We are being far more careful with what we chose to produce. Just because the die hard fans say it will sell, it probably won't.

Robocop is an evergreen, but I want to go after new films and dabble with the older stuff. With Terminator Genisys we saw what we can do with several well placed and thought out products.

Robocop is heavily saturated, I doubt we'll revisit the property except to produce the 1-1 Cain head, but it will most likely be limited to 100 pieces.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #77
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
When we started with ED-209 I also had guys wanting it at any price, when I released it at $999 they were no where to be found. These polls are like political polls, it's a fantasy number until you put the rubber to the road.

We are doing a lot of projects with our retail partners like GameStop. Those relationships will allow me to keep making high quality replicas. Jurassic Park and our Buck Rogers Starfighter are the next pieces to drop. JP will be the Hammonds Cane followed by some dinosaurs.

We are being far more careful with what we chose to produce. Just because the die hard fans say it will sell, it probably won't.

Robocop is an evergreen, but I want to go after new films and dabble with the older stuff. With Terminator Genisys we saw what we can do with several well placed and thought out products.

Robocop is heavily saturated, I doubt we'll revisit the property except to produce the 1-1 Cain head, but it will most likely be limited to 100 pieces.

Paul
Ed-209 was always $1200, not $999. or am I wrong?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #78
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
It was $999 right off the bat, and then jumped 20% to $1200

This is something that i wish Chroniicle didn't do. I know they want to maximize early POs but a 20% price jump is a substantial amount.
The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #79
kkchan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
PO direct from CC

During PO period
$1070 shipped for US;
$1300 shipped for Asia

Retail: $180 extras

PO from Asia toys shop (China/MY/SG)
$1400
kkchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #80
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

Paul
JP has LOADS of potential with the JW and the sequel being announced plus the original. i hope you guys really pump out some product from that line.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote