Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-02-2022, 06:52 PM   #251
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yeah, if you're expecting this to be a JND or the over $1k Prime 1 statues, then you're gonna be disappointed.
I do think its not as good as the proto, but I do agree this is the same vein as my Endgame Iron Studios Cap.
But there are things that I like with this better, mainly the physique, and portrait. I think the texture and base was better on IS.
The fact that this is actually a lot cheaper than even the IS EG Cap, is a big plus. I think most of us were expecting something close to $1k when this was first announced since Loki was around $1200.

Yeah, I think he nitpicked it a little too much, expecting a lot more. Even Prime 1's 1/4 that had detailed base are around $1200-1400.
Since he is comparing it to Irons Studios, he makes it sound like Iron Studios are bad products. lol
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #252
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well I’m expecting this to be delivered today, so I may do my usual write-up (without photos). Though I received the 1/2 scale a couple weeks back and I still haven’t done one for that one yet.

I have every single 1:4 scale Iron Studios MCU piece up to and including the Endgame set of 4. But since those I’ve only preordered the Wanda and Falcon/Cap. And the one thing that I find is truly lacklustre with most of their pieces are that their bases lack fine details and have very basic paint. After their two AOU pieces their bases have gone downhill. I like the Far from Home Spidey base, but that’s only because of its light up. Though Queens aren’t much better sometimes. Whenever it’s a rock/ground base, I’ve usually preferred Sideshows over Iron Studios, Queen, and most of my Prime 1’s too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #253
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well I?m expecting this to be delivered today, so I may do my usual write-up (without photos). Though I received the 1/2 scale a couple weeks back and I still haven?t done one for that one yet.

I have every single 1:4 scale Iron Studios MCU piece up to and including the Endgame set of 4. But since those I?ve only preordered the Wanda and Falcon/Cap. And the one thing that I find is truly lacklustre with most of their pieces are that their bases lack fine details and have very basic paint. After their two AOU pieces their bases have gone downhill. I like the Far from Home Spidey base, but that?s only because of its light up. Though Queens aren?t much better sometimes. Whenever it?s a rock/ground base, I?ve usually preferred Sideshows over Iron Studios, Queen, and most of my Prime 1?s too.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:49 PM   #254
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Looking forward to your thoughts.
It’s been delivered, but I don’t get home from work for another 5 hours! I hate waiting. It’s times like these that I wish I were still working from home.
Old 11-03-2022, 04:15 AM   #255
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Well I?m expecting this to be delivered today, so I may do my usual write-up (without photos). Though I received the 1/2 scale a couple weeks back and I still haven?t done one for that one yet.

I have every single 1:4 scale Iron Studios MCU piece up to and including the Endgame set of 4. But since those I?ve only preordered the Wanda and Falcon/Cap. And the one thing that I find is truly lacklustre with most of their pieces are that their bases lack fine details and have very basic paint. After their two AOU pieces their bases have gone downhill. I like the Far from Home Spidey base, but that?s only because of its light up. Though Queens aren?t much better sometimes. Whenever it?s a rock/ground base, I?ve usually preferred Sideshows over Iron Studios, Queen, and most of my Prime 1?s too.
Looking forward to see compration photos of IS Endgame Cap next to QS cap.
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 05:06 AM   #256
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
Looking forward to see compration photos of IS Endgame Cap next to QS cap.
I don’t usually take photos as after 8 or so years of collecting, I still haven’t invested in a standalone camera. And whenever I take photos of pieces with my phone it’s usually not worth the effort given my ineptitude.

Currently I’ve got the new Cap displayed next to Black Widow.

However over the weekend I may be moving my collection around, including the IS Endgame Cap, so I might display them together for a short spell.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #257
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I don?t usually take photos as after 8 or so years of collecting, I still haven?t invested in a standalone camera. And whenever I take photos of pieces with my phone it?s usually not worth the effort given my ineptitude.

Currently I?ve got the new Cap displayed next to Black Widow.

However over the weekend I may be moving my collection around, including the IS Endgame Cap, so I might display them together for a short spell.

Got it! if you do put them togher I would appriciate a size compretion pic
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:07 AM   #258
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
Got it! if you do put them togher I would appriciate a size compretion pic
Phoenix literally just said a few times they don't post pictures lol.

While I too would appreciate a comparison pic, let's not keep pushing this request hahaha.

On a side note, Phoenix could you let us know your thoughts on the face sculpt, if it matches the proto at all? That video posted makes me nervous now. This is my first Queen piece but if the face isn't that great I may just end up selling it.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:23 PM   #259
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vaXJ78GDns

Enjoy Guys!
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:45 AM   #260
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Thanks. : )

Good thing this comes with assembly instructions, otherwise I might have ended up with something like this:

Spoiler
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote