Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-09-2023, 10:57 PM   #291
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I still plan to get this. I love this suit and I don't think any other company has done it justice.
I didn’t care for either of the ones from Gentle Giant and Sideshows.

The face wasn’t great on Gentle Giants, and Sideshows was downright terrible if I’m remembering the right piece.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:13 PM   #292
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I didn?t care for either of the ones from Gentle Giant and Sideshows.

The face wasn?t great on Gentle Giants, and Sideshows was downright terrible if I?m remembering the right piece.
Correct on both comments.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:03 AM   #293
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Strongly disagree re gentle giant, the likeness is the best out there
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:10 AM   #294
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Strongly disagree re gentle giant, the likeness is the best out there
I think that particular Cap was the first statue of any kind that I cancelled. I believe I did it in favour of getting the Iron Studios AOU Cap instead. To this day, it remains my favourite out of the 5 or so 1/4 scale MCU Caps that I have in my collection (including 2 duplicates). And yes, I know most don't particularly like the pose.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:47 PM   #295
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have both Cap and Widow on PO but I'm contemplating cancelling (at least) Cap. I ordered last year since it had quite a good price and was thinking about a 1/4 MCU display in the future. But Scarlet Witch getting delayed and prices only going up - 1500? seems like the standard for theses 1/4 piece now - has me thinking if I really need these
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #296
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
I have both Cap and Widow on PO but I'm contemplating cancelling (at least) Cap. I ordered last year since it had quite a good price and was thinking about a 1/4 MCU display in the future. But Scarlet Witch getting delayed and prices only going up - 1500? seems like the standard for theses 1/4 piece now - has me thinking if I really need these
I have both, and if I were to considering cancelling one over the other, and I was at one point, it would be Black Widow, not Cap.

Other than their Iron Man's I've ordered all of their MCU 1/4 statues, and with regards to their pricing they're averaging between $700-$800 for most of their pieces. With their outliers being Cap at $590 (and Spidey from $480) and Loki at $1,140. And Wanda is likely to be nearer to Loki's price, but I was hoping for lower. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-11-2023, 03:20 PM   #297
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Believe me, the paint on this Cap is so much better than the Iron Studios Falcon Cap I got recently. Now that paint was cheap.

While out of the 6 1/4 scales I?ve received from Queen Studios, this Cap may have had the least impressive paint app from those I?ve received, it was still pretty solid.
Really? The Sam Wilson one from the Disney Plus show? I found the paint app on mine was good.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 03:56 PM   #298
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Really? The Sam Wilson one from the Disney Plus show? I found the paint app on mine was good.
Yep, that one.

Relative to my Queen pieces that I have, paint and sculpt wise, there are so many imperfections across the entire thing. And personally I also believe the primary colours chosen are a shade or two too light. It may have been during night scenes, but the blue was definitely darker, and maybe the red too. The sculpt work on the 'fabrics' weren't as fine as I hoped (and maybe on mine the paint has been applied too thickly, which makes it seems worse), and have seen better from other manufacturers, be they Queen or maybe even Sideshow.

Heck it's probably painted worse than the 20 or so other 1/4 Iron Studios pieces that I own. With maybe the only one worse being the Mark 46, which turns into a light diffuser as there's so much light leakage across the entire body when the LED's are turned on.

It's currently my first statue (out of more than a hundred) I'm hoping to return for a full refund.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:18 AM   #299
Y3E
Gen 13

I checked my IS Falcon statue after my previous post and I didn't see anything that stood out on the statue. The blues and red may not be as dark as what was in the show, I'm not sure but I think it looks great still. My only gripe was the shield, the black lined were too heavy and shield too thick.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 12:54 AM   #300
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I checked my IS Falcon statue after my previous post and I didn't see anything that stood out on the statue. The blues and red may not be as dark as what was in the show, I'm not sure but I think it looks great still. My only gripe was the shield, the black lined were too heavy and shield too thick.
Other than the most recent release, I've got the other 3 1/4 scale Captain America statues from Iron Studios, and all the shields are like that.

Whereas the two shields that are on Queens WS Cap and CW Spidey were such a nice surprise. The shields were nice and thin, including the circular panel lines.