Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Can Juggernaut Pull Thor's hammer?
Juggernaut pulls the hammer and claims Nothing can Stop The Juggernaut 10 17.24%
Juggernaut can't do it Mjolnir can't be moved by no living being. 37 63.79%
Adamantium cable snaps in two. 9 15.52%
The Earth shatters under the stain with no winner. 4 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #151
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
But what if the Blob had Thor's Hammer in his jock strap and he was sitting on the ground. LOL!

VR
It would give him a Mjolniroid...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #152
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Too funny.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #153
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:

LOL!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #154
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

I love that this is still going on!

Mjolniroid is brilliant! Truly funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isculpt View Post
1.hulk
2. juggy

sorry bro, just the way it is.
Only to a Hulk fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
I admire your obvious appreciation of the character and that you hold his early incarnation as gospel but at the end of the day Marvel can write a character however they want. Just because one particuclar character is very powerful doesn't mean he won't be beaten if the story calls for it. I myself am a big Hulk fan and I can argue all day why he would beat Thor and Juggernaut and it still grates to see him beaten (Rulk etc) but I accept my fanboy feelings on the matter mean crap to the writers and that is how it should be, otherwise we get matchups where wolverine can beat Lobo. At the end of the day we can debate all we like on who is tougher or stronger but there really isn't a definative answer.
Do you write for Marvel? Your unphased reaction to the abandonment of its history seems to mesh right in with their philosophy of "Meh, we're Marvel and they'll buy what we sell."

OK, so I'm going to start a Jubilee title. She easily bests Hulk because, well... her powers. We never really explored the true extent of her powers and... they, uh, are amplified when in the presence of Gamma-blasted people. Not only that, but Hulk has a photosensitivity that renders him all but powerless against her sparkles.

Then, we'll get her to pimp slap Thor. Turns out, Jubilee is more worthy than Thor to weild Mjolnir and when she takes it from Thor, he... becomes her slave! Oh yeah, we'll just write that if a girl of her age is chosen by the gods of Asguard, then Thor becomes her cosmic pool-boy. Wait 'til you see what she does to Silver Surfer...

These characters and the stories they've been involved in are nothing if there is no care given to the history they have created. The writers are lazy and that's why you see the likes of Juggy getting jobbed by everybody and their brother.

I have no problem with Juggernaut getting beaten (well, that's not really true) but it has to have some root in comic book lore, doesn't it?
Bob Aboey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #155
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I see where you are coming from but you use an extreme example to reinforce your point. Character development is also important and while it based on an established history, it shouldn't be an absolute slave to it. You are a big Juggernaut fan and would prefer him not to be beaten in the same way fans of Thor, Hulk etc wouldn't want them beat, but ALL characters should have some weakness or vulnerability otherwise they risk becoming stale. Reading about a hero or villain who can never be beaten would become boring all too soon. That said I don't expect to see new writers dump history just to make the latest hot character better than an established one but there should be some flexibility. I think part of the problem with Juggernaut is that he is described in absolute terms; Invulnerable and unstoppable are difficult to get around if you want to have an interesting matchup. Same can be said for other characters too like Silver Surfer, Hulk and Thor as cosmic powers, magic and unlimited gamma powers seem to have no limits.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #156
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
I see where you are coming from but you use an extreme example to reinforce your point. Character development is also important and while it based on an established history, it shouldn't be an absolute slave to it. You are a big Juggernaut fan and would prefer him not to be beaten in the same way fans of Thor, Hulk etc wouldn't want them beat, but ALL characters should have some weakness or vulnerability otherwise they risk becoming stale. Reading about a hero or villain who can never be beaten would become boring all too soon. That said I don't expect to see new writers dump history just to make the latest hot character better than an established one but there should be some flexibility. I think part of the problem with Juggernaut is that he is described in absolute terms; Invulnerable and unstoppable are difficult to get around if you want to have an interesting matchup. Same can be said for other characters too like Silver Surfer, Hulk and Thor as cosmic powers, magic and unlimited gamma powers seem to have no limits.
I gotta say... I agree.
Bob Aboey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #157
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Thor has storm powers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
I know you are kidding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Yes see his recent mini series when Thor had to go on a quest without his hammer and he had to put Hercules down with a lighting strike.
No, I was asking seriously. I have never seen Thor display any innate weather control abilities distinct from those provided by the enchantment on Mjolnir.

In contrast, Firelord uses his staff to focus his power cosmic to generate heat and flame, but the power comes from him. Thor on the other hand, always needed Mjolnir to summon lightning and storms.

I'd love to know the issue referenced above, where he did so without his hammer.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #158
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Tet, it was in the Thor: Blood Oath mini series. It's available in trade form.

Last edited by wktf; 10-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #159
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Thanks, I'll have to track this down.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #160
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote: