Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #1031
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man, I’m worried now. Still have received no invoice for my order. Bummer when this kind of thing happens. Sucks the fun right out of collecting.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:57 PM   #1032
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The packaging being half the size/volume of other similar sized statues certainly didn’t help matters.

It’s got to be one of the smallest Arkham boxes, especially with a base that big.
yeah i was shocked when i saw the box. i thought it was a mistake at first. a 1/3 piece in such a small box?!
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 AM   #1033
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man this sucks! I was really looking forward to this statue and it's my favorite version of Catwoman.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:06 AM   #1034
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Im bettin this statue is gonna have a very high fail rate. It seems to be a all or nothing deal with her. Either yiu get it flawless or its just borked. No in-between on this one cause they gimped out on the packaging. If this box was at least as large as Harley’s from Suicide Squad, i imagine we would not be seeing so many statues broken at the exact same spots. This has got to be the largest frak up from prime 1 with such a long wait on an otherwise highly anticipated statue. I cant even imagine how im gonna react if all my witcher 3 statues arrive in this state after almost what 4 years of waiting?

My advice is just do what i did and order another one while you wait for the refund on the broken one. What are the chances you get 2 broken ones.......might not be feasible for those in other countries cause you probably dont want to eat import duties twice.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #1035
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I inspected the package, and the styrofoam seems to be against the boots, but there is a gap right after the boots. I think the package being dropped on its side gives just enough pressure in the right (or wrong) spot and causes the statue to break at its weak point. They should have added some soft foam near her legs and got rid of the hard styrofoam ridge near her boot.

There is no way this package survived drop tests. I dont know how it made it out of the factory unless this batch had particularly weak joints and that would be a whole other issue.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #1036
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man, I’m worried now. Still have received no invoice for my order. Bummer when this kind of thing happens. Sucks the fun right out of collecting.
Me too. My last payment processes next week and I'm so nervous getting a broken one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #1037
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I wonder if they cut down the size of the packaging to cut down on the shipping costs. This was the cheapest P1 piece to ship to me in a long time. It was something like $45 as opposed to the $120-$200 most P1 pieces are costing to ship now.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #1038
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I still think it's a manufacturing issue and not from shipping. Geralt of Rivia's box was ridiculously over-sized and included Styrofoam inserts. The first one I got had a severely broken base, broken crossbow, broken tassels and bent sword. The box was undamaged in shipping. After many months they sent me factory reject replacement parts that were broken as well. After nearly a year of hell I lost out on the statue and settled for a refund.

The first Arkham Harley I received had a mint condition box and when I opened it the base was broken.

Prime 1 Studios has some if not the best statues in the business but their QC is questionable.
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #1039
Agent Jeffries
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Location: We live inside a dream, above an convenience store.
Unpacked #156 and she is perfect. (Legs are fine.) Have “real life” things to do. So, I’ll try to get pictures up later.
Agent Jeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #1040
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Don't know if it matters or not but when I lifted mine out of the styrofoam, I lifted it by grabbing the cloth and pulling straight up. At first, I tried to just take the body out (without the cloth) but I had trouble getting my fingers underneath/around the statue to take it out. Basically, I ended up using one hand to grab/clasp two ends of the cloth in the upper body area and one hand near the lower area around the thighs, clasped two sides of the cloth together, and lifted both ends straight up slowly at the same time making note not to put any undue stress/pressure near the ankles and lower leg area. Doing it this way, it seemed to be easier to get the statue out of the styrofoam for me at least.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote