Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #1631
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
This kind of shoddy work is why I'm pulling out of PCS entirely. When does this happen with other companies? If there's moisture trapped in the polystone, then mold growth is a possibility, and if it's happened to a few, it's likely they're all affected to some degree. Glad I cancelled mine.
I'm assuming it's some type of glue still at this point as I think its far more likely the mould has occured during shipping and is a seperate issue. Especially if collectors have had similar issues with other pieces. I'm not going to panic over it or anything, what's done is done at this point and other than this issue it's a beautiful statue.

You're certainly right though, for the price we shouldn't be dealing with any issues at all, let alone chunks of paint falling off.

I'll keep you guys in the loop if anything changes and let you know what sideshow say in response, it might be a while though I'd imagine before they get back to me.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #1632
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
This kind of shoddy work is why I'm pulling out of PCS entirely. When does this happen with other companies? If there's moisture trapped in the polystone, then mold growth is a possibility, and if it's happened to a few, it's likely they're all affected to some degree. Glad I cancelled mine.
A) You are really blowing this up from what you have no idea if it's actually moisture or not
B) They aren't, I remember a few pieces SS pieces that having so much moisture they were literally lines of water that had dripped/slid down on entire shipments of busts.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #1633
Biggunz
Loki

Looks just like 1/2 part epoxy mix. Probably some dummy at the factory that had a few drops on his shirt and when packaging this thing up it touched after it already went through qc. At this price though should be a full replacement.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #1634
Biggunz
Loki

Looks just like 1/2 part epoxy mix. Probably some dummy at the factory that had a few drops on his shirt and when packaging this thing up it touched after it already went through qc. At this price though should be a full replacement especially with PCs
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:37 AM   #1635
dao2
Cyclops

Likely something to that effect, water/moisture doesn't solidify like that :|
Old 02-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #1636
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
The problem with that is I'd have to pay import fees again, this time which could possibly end up at £300 plus. I think I'd be lucky to get a voucher from sideshoe based on what I've personally experienced and heard from others.
I never had to pay anything when getting replacements.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #1637
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
I never had to pay anything when getting replacements.
How could that be possible? Would they declare the package as a tiny value or something alone those lines? Surely not.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #1638
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I don't get why anyone would give the benefit of the doubt to a chinese factory over their own gut feelings and experience in this hobby when $1.4k are on the line. These things are assembled in the same production line, so don't expect a replacement to not have the same problem.

Goro was not developed into much of a character anyway, and Netherrealm has gone all SJW lately so no big loss.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #1639
MegatronG1
The X-Men

MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #1640
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
How could that be possible? Would they declare the package as a tiny value or something alone those lines? Surely not.
It probably depends on the country, but I believe every country should have a provision for return or replacement merchandise. The problem being you may have to fight with customs to get it back in which case it may not be worth the trouble :|