Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Savage Avengers

*Yes, they fight!

Well, I'll be damned .... It Worked!

When I'd 1st read that Marvel would be rolling Conan into their regular Universe, I was not only skeptical, I was a little upset. The audacity of Marvel making such a move on the 1930's pulp-hero who's been on his own with the exception of an Elric Team-Up back in the 70's, seemed little more than an ill-formed cash grab. Then, I saw Conan plopped into the middle of a group of Avengers in the recent No Road Home mini & it sort of worked well, ultimately leaving Conan dropped right in the middle of Marvel's Savage Land. & that's where this book picks up. Gerry Duggan updates The Savage Land giving it more of a Cimmerian feel with Mike Deodato's art really reminding me of some of the classic Dark Horse & Marvel's B&W Savage Tales art. It looks really good as does his Conan. Conan runs into a few "savage" heroes & the assembly happens in a believable fashion. This 1st ish is just kick-off & I appreciate Duggan taking his time with this team. Hopefully it's stay organic. He's got the violence down which is fun.

At some point, if Marvel ever decides to remove Conan back to just his universe, they'll have to somehow "mind-wipe" him. I doubt however, that they have any inkling to remove the barbarian from the regular U. It'll be a never ending "What-If?"
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
Grace Morgan
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm in love with this art *__*
Grace Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

Issue #2 drops tomorrow! Can't wait.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote