Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Tweeterhead delivery updates

September 17, 2014 Update and Lessons Learned!
I’ve seen a few posts recently about delayed shipping issues and just wanted to take a moment and give an update on some of our products, shipping etc.
First off, I just want to say that customer service is my top priority. I want Tweeterhead to remain a small company, so I can always have direct contact with my customers and their needs. It’s also the best way for me to gauge what products you want to see in the future, and what projects I should pursue. This means that my business is basically run by me alone. This includes everything from handling the licenses to packaging and shipping items to you. It can be tough at times, but as I said, I like the direct contact with you.
As Tweeterhead is approaching a year since our first release (Elvira debuted on Oct 26th 2013), I just wanted to share one very big thing I have learned:
I need to build in extra time in all of my schedule promises for unforeseen delays and shipping issues!
Elvira and Herman Munster in color and Black and White were smooth sailing, coming in on time and looking spectacular. Lily was a bit delayed but she is on the way. She is scheduled to be in the US at the end of this month and it is a top priority to get her off of the boat and onto a UPS or USPS truck immediately.
The Catwoman Maquette, which was due to ship in September, is also running a bit behind. I have to take the blame for this as I was planning according to our past releases, which were much smaller quantities. I didn’t think ahead that our production numbers for the general release would be as high as they are. Lesson learned: the more you order the longer it takes. That said, she is in production and looking really beautiful. All of the certificates have been signed by Miss Newmar and just like with Lily, we will begin shipping within days of her arrival to the US.
Batman is in production and is on schedule for his December release and the newest Elvira “Your heart belongs to Me”, which will be going on sale on Oct 23rd ,is already in production. Unless there is an unforeseen shipping or customs issue, they should both be delivered on time.
The main point of the message is that we’ve learned from these missteps and will do our best to avoid delays in the future.
In the meantime, stay tuned for the two brand new lines debuting at Comikaze (possibly three), and some fun additions to our Batman 66 and Munsters lines as well.
Based on your feedback, and in an effort to better support my customers, I’m happy to say that in 2015 we will be set up to take a deposit from you, and the balance can be paid when the item is shipped. I’m trying to get this set up sooner, but it’s a bit more difficult than setting up the back office shop.
I can always be reached at chad@tweeterhead.com. Besides making stunning maquettes, our goal is to make the collectors happy and make some friends and fans along the way!
Thanks for your time and if you have any questions, please don’t ever hesitate to get in touch!
Chad
Old 09-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

I do like he's going to take deposits and then bill the rest when it ships... When you take full payment up front from your customers you better be on schedule....

He should also hire some help if he's going to try and push out multiple lines...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

They have some surprises in store for us.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
They have some surprises in store for us.
Can't wait. 2 or 3 new lines sounds crazy with Batman and other stuff. I can't wait to see their progress on Batgirl next month.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I just saw this message on FB and I'm curious about the new Elvira statue with my heart in her hand.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #6
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
September 17, 2014 Update and Lessons Learned!
I’ve seen a few posts recently about delayed shipping issues and just wanted to take a moment and give an update on some of our products, shipping etc.
First off, I just want to say that customer service is my top priority. I want Tweeterhead to remain a small company, so I can always have direct contact with my customers and their needs. It’s also the best way for me to gauge what products you want to see in the future, and what projects I should pursue. This means that my business is basically run by me alone. This includes everything from handling the licenses to packaging and shipping items to you. It can be tough at times, but as I said, I like the direct contact with you.
As Tweeterhead is approaching a year since our first release (Elvira debuted on Oct 26th 2013), I just wanted to share one very big thing I have learned:
I need to build in extra time in all of my schedule promises for unforeseen delays and shipping issues!
Elvira and Herman Munster in color and Black and White were smooth sailing, coming in on time and looking spectacular. Lily was a bit delayed but she is on the way. She is scheduled to be in the US at the end of this month and it is a top priority to get her off of the boat and onto a UPS or USPS truck immediately.
The Catwoman Maquette, which was due to ship in September, is also running a bit behind. I have to take the blame for this as I was planning according to our past releases, which were much smaller quantities. I didn’t think ahead that our production numbers for the general release would be as high as they are. Lesson learned: the more you order the longer it takes. That said, she is in production and looking really beautiful. All of the certificates have been signed by Miss Newmar and just like with Lily, we will begin shipping within days of her arrival to the US.
Batman is in production and is on schedule for his December release and the newest Elvira “Your heart belongs to Me”, which will be going on sale on Oct 23rd ,is already in production. Unless there is an unforeseen shipping or customs issue, they should both be delivered on time.
The main point of the message is that we’ve learned from these missteps and will do our best to avoid delays in the future.
In the meantime, stay tuned for the two brand new lines debuting at Comikaze (possibly three), and some fun additions to our Batman 66 and Munsters lines as well.
Based on your feedback, and in an effort to better support my customers, I’m happy to say that in 2015 we will be set up to take a deposit from you, and the balance can be paid when the item is shipped. I’m trying to get this set up sooner, but it’s a bit more difficult than setting up the back office shop.
I can always be reached at chad@tweeterhead.com. Besides making stunning maquettes, our goal is to make the collectors happy and make some friends and fans along the way!
Thanks for your time and if you have any questions, please don’t ever hesitate to get in touch!
Chad
They might want to reply to their emails
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Mike1025
Doh!

Tweeterhead Delays

Trying to get any info or response from Tweeterhead is next to impossible. It seems it is already in over it's head, so I am really curious how they expect to handle more lines.
Mike1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

You should be able to get most answers from their facebook page. Lily is on the way, catwoman is november/december, more Elviras coming, Batman was announced and you can buy it from their website.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #9
keewan
Death is hereditary.

I just want them to reply to their email as well. I just sent another one for a simple answer. I ordered Batman as soon as it went up for PO, but never got an recipe but my credit card was charged, sent a couple mails to make sure they have my order on file and never got response.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I also didnt get a receipt but i did print the confirmation page when ordered. My card also showed charged.