Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 09-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #51
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
Interesting suggestions. Gouken vs Akuma diorama perhaps? And yeah... Feilong deserves a good take. But who could he be fighting if not standalone?
I would love Gouken vs Akuma. Many might be sick of the two however. You are of course familiar with the diorama PCS put out recently? I have and love it, but many were disappointed with breakage issues, so I think the market is still there for it.

If not that, then any two of Gouken, Gen or Oro fighting would be cool. Pick two of those old masters to face off. I'd probably say Gouken vs Oro.

Fei Long vs Gen (Chinese martial artists) or Chun Li vs Gen (friends with Chun's father and trained Chun) would be excellent match ups.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #52
built2shred
Phoenix

I think it would be cooler if all the individual pieces had a notch in their base that would allow two bases to connect to each other to give the fighter vs fighter diorama. Or you just don't attach them and you can have the solo look... it would allow flexibility... Just a thought....

For me personally, I'm not to interested in the demonic characters like Oni but once you guys start doing the other more popular characters I'll definably be in to buy..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #53
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think it would be cooler if all the individual pieces had a notch in their base that would allow two bases to connect to each other to give the fighter vs fighter diorama. Or you just don't attach them and you can have the solo look... it would allow flexibility... Just a thought....

For me personally, I'm not to interested in the demonic characters like Oni but once you guys start doing the other more popular characters I'll definably be in to buy..
Thats how it will work for E.Ryu and Oni and the ones to come. Not really a notch but we'll build Oni's base to fit with Ryu's base so that the bases feel like they are part of the same rooftop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I would love Gouken vs Akuma. Many might be sick of the two however. You are of course familiar with the diorama PCS put out recently? I have and love it, but many were disappointed with breakage issues, so I think the market is still there for it.

If not that, then any two of Gouken, Gen or Oro fighting would be cool. Pick two of those old masters to face off. I'd probably say Gouken vs Oro.

Fei Long vs Gen (Chinese martial artists) or Chun Li vs Gen (friends with Chun's father and trained Chun) would be excellent match ups.
Well, if we do go with Gouken VS Akuma, it will be something unique and ofcourse dynamic. Feilong vs Gen doesnt sound too bad either

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I'm an idiot. I meant to say is there an Oni thread? That's the PO I need to stay on top of. Thanks for the reply!
We'll open it once the concept is out
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:53 AM   #54
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
So do I
Yeah, we'll make sure the heavyweights are to scale. No compromising there.
One of my favorite aspect of this franchise is seeing Heavyweights squaring off against lightweights.

I'm hopping you guys will be the Bowen Designs of the Street Fighter universe, scaling down characters accurately, allowing connoisseurs to create amazing displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
this
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #55
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I'm an idiot. I meant to say is there an Oni thread? That's the PO I need to stay on top of. Thanks for the reply!
Quote:
We'll open it once the concept is out
I thought there was a pic somewhere you were using for inspiration?
Looking forward to it.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #56
HairyAsHell

Quote:
I thought there was a pic somewhere you were using for inspiration?
Looking forward to it.
Usually we refer to in-game moves for inspiration and then modify the pose to best fit the context and make sure it works as a statue. Most important of all is to make sure the pose represents the character
Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #57
HairyAsHell

And then there are times I'll do quick studies in zbrush before actually getting down to working on it in clay

Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #58
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Hey all,

Here's a quick look at slightly modified sculpt before production starts. Our artists worked with factory engineers to make small tweaks and improvements on the sculpt. We'll show some of the process in our next video episode

Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #59
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

lovin' the details.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #60
HairyAsHell

Hey guys,

Here's the concept of Oni Akuma with E.Ryu. Let us know what you think

WIP sculpt thread will be up soon in the Sculptors section.