Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-09-2018, 02:55 AM   #821
built2shred
Phoenix

I think what throws Wolverine off for me is the texturing their using...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:17 AM   #822
FJC
Midnighter

Just not feeling this piece. To be honest, the only XM Wolverine statue I like is Weapon X.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #823
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I’ve said it many times, that though cgi renders look amazing and tend to hype and excite, the finished products NEVER live up to them. A great marketing strategy, always misleading, especially when preorders are allowed at the very early stages of a products development. Simply buyer beware, especially at these prices. Not to say that this XM brn Wolverine is bad, just that it falls way short of the illusion the cgi renders presented.

P.S. I do miss the days when traditional sculpting was the norm. WIP pics actually represented an actual sculpture in it’s development process. Take a look at Martin Canale’s wip pics of SS Spiderman comi, Venom comi, Carnage comi, UrukHai Berserker pf, and the Hulk vs Spiderman dio, and be amazed at a master plying his trade. You knew from the wip pics that the finished products would be special,......and they were.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #824
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think what throws Wolverine off for me is the texturing their using...
I agree that the texturing is an issue. The paint job certainly doesn't seem to be up to XM standards. I can definitely do without this one.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #825
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I agree that the texturing is an issue. The paint job certainly doesn't seem to be up to XM standards. I can definitely do without this one.

Don’t understand why some are claiming that the paint apps were rushed to make the show deadline. This sculpt has been printed for months, so plenty of time for proper paint apps, unless someone really dropped the ball.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #826
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My only complaint about this is that while the rest of the x- men are fighting sentinels wolverine is apparently in Japan. I know xm already made a yellow and blue wolverine with a sentinel base but that was a while ago and their old work doesn't compare to the fantastical great stuff they do know. So i hope they do another blue and yellow wolverine if not i'll have to match my xm x- men collection with the new sideshow wolverine and x23.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #827
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Need to see the switch out arms and hope they redo the paint. Plus the jaw looks different to me. In the pictures below it didn't look as long.

Yeah the portrait looks different on the painted version.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #828
SONICobra
Batman

The mouth / portrait seem fine to me - there are several other things off about this though. Aside from the list of possible improvements i posted earlier i would also raise how far the yellow comes down at the back of the head. Right now the yellow goes to the neck seam but thats wrong, you shouldnt be able to see any yellow from the side. Usually theres a black band that goes across the back of his head as a transition between the yellow and brown
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #829
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Nows the time to raise concerns to XM. They could def give claws diff finish with ease and his overall paint I’m sure will be done much better. They almost always tweak and finalize every piece some are better after others not so much. I have this down as a want but I’m on the fence right now . Hate the samurai helmet on roof top makes no sense so I hope that’s removable . Another easy fix
Ok so this is what does not make sense...not pointing you or anyone specific out Subby...just generally speaking. The same claws in this Brown Wolverine are the same claws in the previous Wolvies XM has done (until XM states otherwise). Weapon X, Brown and Yellow Wolverine have both had same claws.

Firstly what I think most may be mistaking for claw prominence is IMO actually a lack of brown and yellow saturation...meaning...the paints are not saturated enough to make up for the claws that pop.

Now as far as the helmet on base, tip of the belt, etc. those are definitely taste driven by each individual collector. The only thing this needs IMO...first is better pictures...because I have seen new clear videos and this thing is EASILY the best Brown Wolvie (licensed for sure) ever done; secondly is a deeper or richer hues to help combat the very visually striking claws.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #830
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Not very good pics of this.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote