Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2020, 11:49 PM   #301
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Well 1st off. Hello everyone! Been quite a few years since I had to stop collecting and participating in doing reviews still recognize quite a few familiar faces here. I haven’t even so much as really looked at statues since I had to stop I don’t think I need to explain why.
The few statues I did hold on to were my mythos and a few others.

I randomly ran into this statue from social media’s algorithms and spent the better part of two days looking at what I’ve missed in the past three years from sideshow and abroad. Including reviews etc etc.
Seems SS hasn’t eliminated quality issues but I’ve seen some of the past sculpts with some pretty fine paint jobs out of the box. So to jump to the point at hand.
I don’t think I’ll be getting back into collecting on a regular basis but I was really considering this piece (and the updated reaper general)
I wanted to see what the fine folks here had to say as shelling out the money for this as got me a bit on edge.
I love everything about it and am glad it’s a mythos continuation even though the base does not match.
IDC really about 1/5 or 1/4 I just keep the two sizes displayed separately so that’s not a issue.
I would have liked to see her unmasked portrait with her full makeup but that can be remedied via a brush.
I don’t care for the palpatine but this one really speaks volumes if I don’t act on it is there concern still for missing out on it at all? There was no exclusive versions for mythos so that should not be a concern or am I wrong there? I didn’t see anything on SS stating exclusivity on the portraits.
Hey man good to see you around. Hope you enjoyed the sequel trilogy.

As long as you keep you eyes out toward release this
should still be available then. Don't know if you've used your Sideshow account in a while but waitlists work slightly differently now where you have a window to buy but it isn't necessarily 1st come 1st serve.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #302
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hey man good to see you around. Hope you enjoyed the sequel trilogy.

As long as you keep you eyes out toward release this
should still be available then. Don't know if you've used your Sideshow account in a while but waitlists work slightly differently now where you have a window to buy but it isn't necessarily 1st come 1st serve.
Thanks for the welcome! Good to know and no I have not. I just reset my password and updated my information. The Trilogy discussion would have to be in a different thread...yay and nay on it.
I still have unused reward points so that’s a bonus!
I saw a couple things with waitlists full and open. I actually was pondering the Darth Maul PF as well as the Vader Sith Lord PF. Maul is full and the EX is gone but the list is open for Vader I just haven’t made any decisions yet.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #303
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Hey all, first post

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and this statue was love at first sight, absolutely stunning, instant preorder. I love the contrast between her charcoal body wraps/pale skin and that deep crimson red, and the flowing nature of those accents. This has to be the coolest representation of Ventress I've seen. The detail on the base is pretty great as well.

So I ordered Asajj about a month ago as my first ever statue, and I've since purchased the SS Wolverine PF and preordered the SS Gambit Maquette...do I already have a problem?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:28 PM   #304
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
.do I already have a problem?

WELCOME.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:47 PM   #305
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
do I already have a problem?
Oh yes, you are officially a sick bastard....and WELCOME!
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:34 PM   #306
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Well it's not everyday you see a piece pull old collectors back in and entice new ones as well. This might be promising for the line.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:59 PM   #307
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Yeah, figured I was screwed, thanks for the welcomes

I wonder if this new run of the Star Wars Mythos line will include more (or perhaps exclusively contain) canon characters that haven't appeared in films. If so, I'm really hoping to see two more in particular get the mythos treatment. An adult Ahsoka would be a no-brainer for the fans if they get the go-ahead to do so...but also Cad Bane could look quite striking, with that great western gunslinger motif he exhibits. Anyone else have requests for this line?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:41 PM   #308
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Anyone else have requests for this line?
Mara Jade would be an instant purchase for me, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

I think a Mythos Mandalorian would be pretty cool as well. I was getting serious franchise fatigue with Star Wars, but I really enjoyed that show and it reminded me just how great Star Wars can be when it's done well.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:46 PM   #309
slynger
Hellboy

I really like this piece, but not a fan of the Palpatine. I'm hoping they reveal an adult Ahsoka before this one sells out, that will definitely pull me in.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #310
built2shred
Phoenix

I think the new movie kind of ruined Palpatine... It's like Abrams and Kennedy did everything they could to destroy the popularity of Star Wars
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote