Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Post Ep III discussion

After watching Ep. III on DVD last night in our movie room, I must say that I really, really liked this movie. I'd only seen it in the theatre once, and about 10 minutes on a really bad bootleg, so being able to experience it sans the crowd (other than my daughter and son), was like being able to see it for the first time.

That said, this was the movie I'd been looking forward to ever since I heard the prequels were going ... emotional, epic, tragic, action packed, good vs. evil, etc. No furbies/i mean ewoks, virtually no Jar Jar, only a few dry lines at the beginning, exquisite art direction, cool space battles, even the younglings weren't spared.

One thing that also strikes me is that this movie, unlike the two before it, really captures the spirit and pacing of the saturday matinee serials that Lucas was originally inspired by.

Also, in the scene where Anakin is in the council chamber and Padme is in the apartment while Mace and his three worthless sidekicks are out to open up a can of jedi whoopa*s on Palpatain, Lucas finally gets the Asian style of emotional storytelling without dialogue.

Favorite line in the movie ... "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Favorite line in the movie ... "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."
My 4 year old (five next month) told me that line made her very sad and she felt sorry for Obi-Wan.

Star Wars is the reason I got into HT, and being able to watch the movies in my HT...well, there is just nothing better.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I saw this film 11 times in the theaters and countless times on bootlegs and now the DVD. I agree that the use of music and cinematogrpahy in this film was WELL superior to the first two prequals, and dare I say, almost better (IMO) than the original trilogy. This film was indeed the one most fans were waiting for, and you really do get a completely new perspective on the history of the Star Wars universe. Vader is now a tragic character, Palpatine really IS an evil bastard, you feel sorry for the Jedi who were totally decimated for "no"reason.... I think the soundtrack to this movie has been in my CD player since I got it in May. Definitly the best soundtrack of the prequals, with only Duel of the Fates from EPI deserving of mention as well (and probably still my favorite single track from the prequals).
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #4
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
Palpatine really IS an evil bastard, you feel sorry for the Jedi who were totally decimated for "no" reason....
This is a good point. I'm still trying to figure out why the Sith wanted Revenge. I know the comics & trades (possibly the ones focusing on the Golden Age of the Sith)would reveal this, but the movie-going audience wouldnt know. I wish there was an explanation for this. I mean, what the hell could the Jedi have possibly done to Palpatine to piss him off so much? And how do you not touch upon this in the movie?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I think Episode 3 sucked in the movie,It sucked on Bootleg and it sucks even more on DVD.

Lucas ruined everything about the Original Trilogy with these movies.Especially Episode 3.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #6
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
I think Episode 3 sucked in the movie,It sucked on Bootleg and it sucks even more on DVD.

Lucas ruined everything about the Original Trilogy with these movies.Especially Episode 3.
Well if it sucked so much the first time, you wouldnt have gotten them on DVD, bootleg or otherwise...so...there goes your theory about it sucking so much.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Well if it sucked so much the first time, you wouldnt have gotten them on DVD, bootleg or otherwise...so...there goes your theory about it sucking so much.
Bootleg was Free and I dont own the third part.So take that statement and stick it in your......ear.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #8
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
Bootleg was Free and I dont own the third part.So take that statement and stick it in your......ear.
Yeah cuz u like sticking it to guys.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Yeah cuz u like sticking it to guys.
Better to stick then to get stuck .
Old 11-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Primal