Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #101
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Ouch. I got the 1:1 from them but at that price and with the questionable paint job I'm out (sadly).
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #102
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hell who needs to produce statues to make money? Just be a seller and mark stuff up hundreds of dollars. It's brilliant.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 AM   #103
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
These are up on CDUK for UK buyers..... $2200 if you want both!

That is some serious gouging right there, wow.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #104
Kefka2200

Yeah that's really shady.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #105
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Let me address a few things, we fixed some of the problems the 1-1 Helmet had since it was cast from a screen used piece and had some minor imperfections due to production.

The way the tassels are laying across the face is an illusion and I can tell you that these are direct cleaned up 1-1 scans. The lower collar was widened like the original to fit an actor. The 1:1 was foam and warped so it was squeezed tighter together.

The color on Anubis is more like the hero we have in the studio, Toynami darkened down my original paint job on the 1:1, so I made it a little brighter knowing they would get it closer at the factory with the paints they use.

We no longer carry stock on items, if they don't sell well we will not reduce the ES we will just cancel products moving forward.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #106
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thank you for your enlightments Paul, most appreciate.
My PO is warming up. I should have a go before the end of july
No way I want to miss this great collection of stargate busts
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #107
Enforcer

Thanks for the information. It's much appreciated as speculating sucks a tard. It should set any doubts aside
Old 06-24-2017, 06:06 AM   #108
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Let me address a few things, we fixed some of the problems the 1-1 Helmet had since it was cast from a screen used piece and had some minor imperfections due to production.

The way the tassels are laying across the face is an illusion and I can tell you that these are direct cleaned up 1-1 scans. The lower collar was widened like the original to fit an actor. The 1:1 was foam and warped so it was squeezed tighter together.

The color on Anubis is more like the hero we have in the studio, Toynami darkened down my original paint job on the 1:1, so I made it a little brighter knowing they would get it closer at the factory with the paints they use.

We no longer carry stock on items, if they don't sell well we will not reduce the ES we will just cancel products moving forward.
Great feedback Paul! Thank You!
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #109
Enforcer

I don't know about great feedback, lol. That last bit of information really worries me. I approve of just producing what you sell in pre-orders, although many people enjoy the perk of waiting until a product is finished in China and seeing it before you plop down the money for it. It's the 'don't sell well = GTFO!' tidbit that worries the hell out of me in regards to StarGate product. As long as I can get a 1:1 Ra I will not cry a river if the 1/2 busts don't come to be. I'll just cry a pond...
Old 06-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #110
Bobfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

So if I'm understanding this right the piece shown in the video and the marketing images are not what it is going to look like once produced because it was painted brighter than it should be so that when Toynami get it and try to replicate the paint job they won't go as dark as they did for the 1:1 piece?

Maybe its me but this seems like a slightly backward way around to do things. Wouldn't it give customers more confidence to have had Toynami produce a proto painted version and show that to people cos that's what they'll actually end up getting?

And call me cynical but the original piece that was shown in the video looks a lot darker than the 1:2 scale shown (by quite a long way). I'd be interested to see a picture of them being held up side by side under the same lighting.

Again, great piece but too many questions for me to lay down so much cash.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote