Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Red Sonja #4 Silvestri Cover

I saw another thread showcasing a Red Sonja cover and I thought I would share the new addition to my modest collection. I really want to thank Marc Silvestri and his representatives for working with me. They replied to all my e-mails promptly and were great to deal with. Marc even included a seperate hand written write-up giving his thoughts on this piece. I also was sent an autographed litho of this work and an autographed Hunter Killer comic!! IMO this is one of the best, if not the best, Red Sonja covers.

Out
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #2
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

OMG
Simply Stunning
Congrats on this amazing piece!
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:29 AM   #3
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

If this is an indicator for the quality of your collection, it is not modest. This is a beautiful cover and what great service. Would you please PM me with contact details for his Rep?
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks for the kind words guy's . Blob I sent you a PM.

I have to say that I am relatively new to the comic art scene. I own only three covers and plan to add 1-2 covers per year as the budget allows. The thing that I have found most frustrating is the lack of service from a lot of artists representatives. In the last two months I have tried to contact 6-7 artists reps via e-mail multiple times and have gotten 3 to respond to me. When I enquire about a piece I simply state that I am interested in a particular piece and would like to talk to them about it. I do not mention anything about price. I simply gave up on three of the reps after two e-mails. Business must be good when you can ignore a customer enquiring about $1500-$3000 pieces of art. Very frustrating. Marcs reps responded to every one of my e-mails. They took any questions or requests to Marc and got back to me right away. It was truly a pleasure to deal with them. I was a fan before this but because of my experience with them I will be a fan of Marcs for life .

Out
Old 11-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Great art piece !! and i agree , when you get a good service and you get some feedback from the artists themself it just makes them even bigger then they allready are .
congrats on such a great score !!
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I had a look on his site, there is some great art there. Got to say though i was dissapointed with the price of commissions, $2K for a single pencilled character with minimal background. There was me with my Goblin Queen already to go to. Think i'll stick to published art.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
outlikealight

Blob,

I agree that $2k is way to much to pay for a commission. I have seen some of the commissions he has done and they are awesome but if I'm going to pay that type of money I also want it to be something published.

Out
Old 11-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

really nice!!!!
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

How the heck did I miss this? I like your Turner Red Sonja but this one is my favorite! It must have cost you a small fortune but man is it awesome!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I missed this too the first time around! Awesome pickup!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote