Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Thoughts & Musings On The Post - SECRET WARS Marvel

1) How many X books will survive? I think we'll see major cuts, especially with the solo books.

2) I hope BLACK WIDOW continues, but considering how A) the book is rooted as much in the past as it is in the present, and B) it's just hit that slippery/dreaded 20,000 copies a month mark, I have my doubts.

3) I'm sure UNCANNY AVENGERS is safe for the time being, being on Counter Earth and all, but what Earth will they all remember when they get back to whatever Earth they end up on?

4) With INHUMAN already selling less than 25,000 copies less than a year into it's run, does Marvel really think that not one, but two, additional new books is the way to go?

5) Considering the quick demise of the all-female-led FEARLESS DEFENDERS, does A FORCE really stand a chance?

6) Once AVENGERS ends in April, Marvel won't have a single book over issue # 40. Will we ever see a Marvel book hit #50 again, let alone #100?
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

1) I think the better question is , how many new ones will pop up?

2) I like this book, and I'd like it to continue a little longer.

3) I dropped UA, so I don't really have an opinion either way.

4) Marvel is going to ram Inhumans down our throats until we think they're cool and hopefully love them more than mutants.

5) It doesn't matter whether this succeeds or not, it's more about there being female driven books. Even if it fails, no one can say Marvel doesn't promote female characters.

6) If we leave history and sentimentality aside, why do we even care about numbering anymore? I'm sure they'll hit high numbers again, but not in uninterrupted runs, that's over and done with at Marvel. X-Men is about to hit #600 soon from what I've read recently, but soon after they'll cancel it again and relaunch at #1. Then in some years they'll renumber it to #700 and repeat the cycle.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
1) I think the better question is , how many new ones will pop up?

Really? I think they'll stream-line it...the whole thing's just gotten too unwieldly!

2) I like this book, and I'd like it to continue a little longer.

3) I dropped UA, so I don't really have an opinion either way.

With the new one starring Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, there's no way I could pass it up!

4) Marvel is going to ram Inhumans down our throats until we think they're cool and hopefully love them more than mutants.

But is that a wise business decision?

5) It doesn't matter whether this succeeds or not, it's more about there being female driven books. Even if it fails, no one can say Marvel doesn't promote female characters.

Don't get me wrong, I loved FEARLESS DEFENDERS, and, for the most part, I think Marvel is treating their ladies SO much better than DC, but see #5.

6) If we leave history and sentimentality aside, why do we even care about numbering anymore? I'm sure they'll hit high numbers again, but not in uninterrupted runs, that's over and done with at Marvel. X-Men is about to hit #600 soon from what I've read recently, but soon after they'll cancel it again and relaunch at #1. Then in some years they'll renumber it to #700 and repeat the cycle.
The only time any Marvel book hits #600 or #700 is just before it's cancelled....AGAIN! Like it really matters that it's hitting that number......the book didn't EARN that number with a continuous run. I recently read a great blog....one of the things it was saying is the continuous cancelling and relaunching of books ~ particularly Marvel! ~ is doing more harm then good.....readers are thinking why get invested....it's only going to be cancelled in 1-3 years. Good point, I gotta say!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #4
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There are a bunch of X/mutant books, as there have been for the past 25+ years. The only two current ones that are linked though are All-New and Uncanny. Amazing, Storm, Nightcrawler, X-Force are not really worth reading unless you read any and all X books. Magneto and Cyclops have been pretty good and I'd recommend them. We'll see what happens but I don't see a major decrease in mutant books happening.

Is the new Uncanny Avengers any good though? The run that just ended was not, at least not to me.

Pushing the Inhumans is not a good decision, business or otherwise. They've had 50 years to catch on and never have, I don't see why they would now.

Marvel has always treated their female characters well, these new books are more marketing ploys than actual story devices.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote