Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Agree. The end of the Marvel Universe we've known since 1961? Sounds like hyperbole. Disappointing as a concept. More on Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-m...is-ending.html

Last edited by wktf; 01-21-2015 at 10:07 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

But say you bring in, for example, the Ultimate Daredevil from his Battleworld into the new, newest MU, wouldn't any surviving folk from the current MU know that DD is Matt Murdock? Sh$^ like this would be happening all over the place.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #23
uk or bust
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

What a mess this is going to be and a stupid move as they won't have a clear jumping on point for people who watch the movies and go hay let's find out about Thor for example only to find out that bits of his history no longer exist
Trying to explain comics to people is hard enough with out then saying and then that universe got mixed with that one and that character changes but that other character stayed the same
Think marvel are letting the success of the movies change the comics which gave them the source material to make said movies
Madness ����
uk or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #24
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
But say you bring in, for example, the Ultimate Daredevil from his Battleworld into the new, newest MU, wouldn't any surviving folk from the current MU know that DD is Matt Murdock? Sh$^ like this would be happening all over the place.
Indeed, they can do whatever they want.
Steve Rogers isn't an old man, Thor still has his arm, Xavier is alive and so on. The list is endless.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #25
Jack8022
Daredevil

I'm really feeling a bit empty inside where this is all going.

After Hickman drove me off the Avengers' books and now seeing him in charge of the big wrap up, I really wish they had given it to Bendis.

I'm hate to say, however melodramatic, that they're "killing a part of my childhood." I hate that saying but it feels like..
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
"Santa Claus isn't real."

On the other side, maybe it'll reboot some of the things that Marvel had grown out of. Maybe we'll see Steve Rogers back as Cap, the FF get a shot in the arm on a relaunch, Tony Stark back to normal, Magneto back to a true all out villain again, Wolverine back to being a scrapper giving the Boy Scout Cyclops a hard time, etc. We may see a return to some of the stuff we loved years ago that have been lost during the cynicism of the last 10 years. It's a lot of maybes but hope springs eternal.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #26
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8022 View Post

After Hickman drove me off the Avengers' books and now seeing him in charge of the big wrap up, I really wish they had given it to Bendis.

I'm hate to say, however melodramatic, that they're "killing a part of my childhood." I hate that saying but it feels like..
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

On the other side, maybe it'll reboot some of the things that Marvel had grown out of. Maybe we'll see Steve Rogers back as Cap, the FF get a shot in the arm on a relaunch, Tony Stark back to normal, Magneto back to a true all out villain again, Wolverine back to being a scrapper giving the Boy Scout Cyclops a hard time, etc. We may see a return to some of the stuff we loved years ago that have been lost during the cynicism of the last 10 years. It's a lot of maybes but hope springs eternal.
I like Hickman, but I was thinking the same thing about this Secret Wars series--that after it's all over, Odinson will be Thor again, Wolverine will be alive and the original X-Men will go back in time. This is Marvel's Convergence and Flashpoint rolled into one. Or just Convergence if DC will reset their universe yet again when that's over.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #27
moon_knight1971
Rescue

When I listened to the announcement the 1st thing that popped in my mind was "Crisis". Multiverses, parallel universes and timelines all competing for the right to exist. I'm hoping Marvel has seen the mistakes DC made and will make this MAJOR event a little more fan friendly and coherent. As a collector since the 80's, I do somewhat feel like I'm being shown the door so a new generation can keep the MU going.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Retailers are wary of the whole thing:

http://www.newsarama.com/23323-comic...s-success.html
Old 01-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8022 View Post

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Hickman drove me off FF first and then drove me off Avengers. There's a lot for which I resent him as a writer.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #30
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can Marvel go more than a month without having some event happening? Let your books breath a bit already...I'm tired of it...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote