Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #11
spidermonkey
Mephisto

Definitely looking forward to this. Their bust is the best Venom sculpt ever imo.
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #12
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
That's not true. It all depends if the new piece is in the same scale/format/quality as the first one. If not, then the price for the first will actually go up a bit more.
I think you’re right . The first Venom is more 1/3 scale I’m keeping mine as it looks great with Prime 1 antivenom adds some depth to my collection scales ( by accident lol ). The new version I’m sure will be proper 1/4 scale and I’m all in without seeing a render . Don’t care the K Bros have been part of my collecting from Bowen days and I also have HB I’m waiting on . This Venom will rule all and I’m sure these artists have more cooking in the kitchen!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:26 AM   #13
azurepred
Zot

Sorry to bunp this old thread up, but I've been wondering what ever happened with this? It's been almost 2 years now with nothing new to show. I'm hoping for a 1/3 museum piece to go with the new line personally.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #14
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Sorry to bunp this old thread up, but I've been wondering what ever happened with this? It's been almost 2 years now with nothing new to show. I'm hoping for a 1/3 museum piece to go with the new line personally.
What is the reason for them to make another Venom? If they do, it might be either 1/3 or 1/7 scale that goes with the new line.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #15
azurepred
Zot

Why would they need a reason? He's a very popular character and they have already made duplicates of Spidey. Like I said, hoping for 1/3 with the new line. I had the previous Venom they did and just felt it was okay from a design standpoint.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #16
abubakarhimself
Justice League

If its an extension of the first bust then its a first day PO for me, I have to admit I got abit excited when I read the first post in this thread... then realised its was dated 2 years ago.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:01 PM   #17
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Why would they need a reason? He's a very popular character and they have already made duplicates of Spidey. Like I said, hoping for 1/3 with the new line. I had the previous Venom they did and just felt it was okay from a design standpoint.
They would because Venom (1/4) had been released by 3 major companies (SS, P1, and XM) and now you want to release again, this is increasing the risk of not selling well. With low ES but high R&D cost, the ROI will be less.

There was a reason why they are no longer issue ES edition until they see how many people is interested but in order to have something to show to the collector, they have to spend up front cost to create a prototype. Always a risk create same character that you already produced within a very short time. SS did for few characters like Wolverine and Spider-man. It did not seat well with many collectors, and it is still available on their site.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:34 PM   #18
craigcliff1
Zot

should be cool
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #19
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Would welcome a new Venom option... missed out on the previous ones
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #20
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_73 View Post
They would because Venom (1/4) had been released by 3 major companies (SS, P1, and XM) and now you want to release again, this is increasing the risk of not selling well. With low ES but high R&D cost, the ROI will be less.

There was a reason why they are no longer issue ES edition until they see how many people is interested but in order to have something to show to the collector, they have to spend up front cost to create a prototype. Always a risk create same character that you already produced within a very short time. SS did for few characters like Wolverine and Spider-man. It did not seat well with many collectors, and it is still available on their site.
Yea, but your also comparing ES of companies who produce thousands and thousands of said statues. XM doesn't have ES that large. As I said, 1/3 would be perfect because nobody has ever even made a good Venom in that scale. Even in 1/4 scale, no company has made a definitive classic comic version of the character imo. All the ones made so far have major flaws for me.