Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #11
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I have paper and canvas Ross giclees. The canvas ones are bigger than the paper ones of the same artwork and they pop more.
Awesome, figured that to be the case.

About the SDX - wow - I just hope there is good reason for it and not an edition of 100 as well as 100DX and 100SDX and APs and Samples .. hopefully it is a case like mine, where perhaps the originals didnt turn out, so they re-printed them as DX and such.. although reading that description of the batman beyond piece it sounds like the 'sdx' comes with a pencil preliminary - so maybe it is come kind of special deluxe version
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #12
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Awesome, figured that to be the case.

About the SDX - wow - I just hope there is good reason for it and not an edition of 100 as well as 100DX and 100SDX and APs and Samples .. hopefully it is a case like mine, where perhaps the originals didnt turn out, so they re-printed them as DX and such.. although reading that description of the batman beyond piece it sounds like the 'sdx' comes with a pencil preliminary - so maybe it is come kind of special deluxe version
The way I see it, Clampett can always reprint/re-release their previous artwork since these are Limited Editions, where the edition size corresponds to the format (paper, canvas, cel, etc), piece number/type (## of AP, DX, SDX) and the size of the image.
They've already re-released a few pieces.

- Original Seven (larger canvas)
- Gotham Knights Limited Edition Animated cel (now in canvas format) -- http://www.animationartgallery.com/WBG/WBGGN.html

I believe there were a few more. Hell, that's why I don't pay retail or above for some of these pieces (especially the Alex Ross ones).
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I have paper and canvas Ross giclees. The canvas ones are bigger than the paper ones of the same artwork and they pop more.
Yep canvas does pop more but I'm not sure worth the price difference. Really comes down to availability. These are somewhat hard to come by now. At least the ones I have I don't see for sale too often.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #14
monel
Mephisto

i had paper...... but i change to canvas i think it looks so much better ,canvas does pop more
monel is offline   Reply With Quote