Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #1021
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Oh so you think we read though all the XM threads and tried to order their stuff but were just too stupid to realize they don't ship to the US? We realize it, it just doesn't matter. XM sells directly to stores that do ship to the US. They could do something to make it more available to those stores.
I am not saying you or anybody is being stupid. Just saying that sometimes people think XM has the same Marvel License as SideShow.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #1022
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Your missing the whole point of this discussion. XM claims to be for the collector and wanting to please the collector and not just make money. Yet they make it so difficult to order one of their statues. And allowing certain people to preorder ahead of time only makes it worse. If they really cared about the collector they would make it easier to order their stuff. I just think they love the hype and are going to ride it all the way to the bank.
They said they want to please the customers but geez, is giving us all the characters we want, taking our feedback on board and keeping QC and ES at a decent level not enough?

They don't go out of their way to make it difficult to order them +
They never said they wanted to do this purely to make money but they have to feed their families and keep the business viable so if selling in the way that they do means that's what has to happen then so be it.

And if they want to reward people who supported them from the start by buying the early statues pre-all the hype then again so be it. The prestige membership portion is going to be a real small number of statues anyway so shouldn't affect greatly the availability.

If they are difficult to order its because they are popular with low ES. Those lucky enough to be able to pre-PO are getting them from the guys who helped XM out at the start to shift these out of their license regions. If these resellers are now too busy to take on any more new customers then that's fair enough because they are again just looking after those who were buying from the start.

Noone has to agree or like the situation but it is what it is. And just because SS or PCS or GG do it a certain way doesn't mean XM have to follow suit...they haven't been doing that so far and it seems to have panned out just nicely for them.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #1023
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
and again that way of thinking..we Americans are number 1..they should sell to us more..they should cater to us first..we have the bigger market..again..they are supposedly FOR asian markets.
I never said that. I just think that if you want something bad enough you should have a shot at getting it. I preordered PCS Scorpion without much trouble and that was limited to only 250 pieces. And anyone from around the world could order one. That's the way it should be.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #1024
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
They said they want to please the customers but geez, is giving us all the characters we want, taking our feedback on board and keeping QC and ES at a decent level not enough?
All that doesn't account for a hill of beans if you can actually order one.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #1025
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
I never said that. I just think that if you want something bad enough you should have a shot at getting it. I preordered PCS Scorpion without much trouble and that was limited to only 250 pieces. And anyone from around the world could order one. That's the way it should be.
See buddy..you are lucky there..i heard a lot of people were not able to preorder PCS Scorpion..and you got it without much trouble!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #1026
actionjackson83
Midnighter

If Marvel said you could only sell to Asia or we'd terminate your contract would you be willing to make it available worldwide then? No? Exactly...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #1027
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
There's no such thing as memberships to preorder earlier.

There is a prestige membership with XM and I believe simplytoys does it too through their elite membership by giving priority.

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Dear All,
We have revised our Pre order process. Starting from 2nd Oct 2014, XM Studios will no longer be sending out email notifications to inform members of early priority pre orders.

Prestige Members (those who have registered more than 4 items on our portal) can now pre order ANY of our announced lists of products AT ANY TIME (Deposits are still required to confirm orders). There is no need to wait for a PO date - Prestige Members can PO any of our line ups right now, tomorrow or next week, the choice is now yours without having to wait for any PO dates. This is our way of saying thanks to our Prestige Members and giving them the Prestige treatment!

If you are not a Prestige Member (E.g. you're just on our mailing list), the process STAYS THE SAME - once PO is opened/announced, you can log on to our website or contact your nearest distributor to PO.
For more details on Members, please visit /membership-registration.aspx

Thank you,

XM Studios
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #1028
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
See buddy..you are lucky there..i heard a lot of people were not able to preorder PCS Scorpion..and you got it without much trouble!
Not only that, there are more Marvel collectors out there than Mortal Kombat collectors. Of course, there will be more demand for Marvel....that's why it's harder to acquire the statues.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #1029
actionjackson83
Midnighter

also all US distributors get them from Singapore resellers so no they are not selling directly to those US retailers.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #1030
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Your missing the whole point of this discussion. XM claims to be for the collector and wanting to please the collector and not just make money. Yet they make it so difficult to order one of their statues. And allowing certain people to preorder ahead of time only makes it worse. If they really cared about the collector they would make it easier to order their stuff. I just think they love the hype and are going to ride it all the way to the bank.
Quote:
That's because PCS has a worldwide licence! You are repeatedly bashing XM for something they have no control over. Marvel gave them a licence for Asia only. They can only sell directly to Asia. Not in Asia? Then you will have a hard time getting one. They have no control over whether retailers choose to pre-sell their products or not.

We are lucky to have a chance to get them at all since we are outside of their licensed region.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote