Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #41
GaryTonge
Kingpin

What do you guys think for a price on this? The previous Boba bust was $700. The NEW Vader bust is going for $999.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #42
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I wish it had been Legendary Scale, I just don't have room for life-size anything in the mancave.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #43
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
What do you guys think for a price on this? The previous Boba bust was $700. The NEW Vader bust is going for $999.
$980 minimum like the Marvel busts. Even PCS busts now are at least $900.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #44
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
1200.00 if the head swivels. LOL
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #45
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
True and its a pity, cause with prices skyrocketing, obscure characters are rather impossible to receive a LSB treatment. Sideshow and other companies want to sell and a B or C character (DC, Marvel - Star Wars) is probably a no-go nowadays with 900-1000doll for a new piece. Are we ever going to see a Lobo LSB for an example ? Pretty impossible for Sideshow to sell over 300 pieces @ 1000d a piece for non-A list characters.

Regarding Star Wars, i would probably cry the day a LSB of Obi-Wan goes up for po. With translucent resin, acrylic eyes and a spot-on likeness of sir Alec Guinness!!! I have a custom one made some years ago (i think i paid 3k for that), but i always prefer licensed products.

Regarding this new Boba Fett LSB, ok it would be a new sculpt but it should be a) BIGGER (include some elements of his suit) and b) more screen accurate
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #46
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
True and its a pity, cause with prices skyrocketing, obscure characters are rather impossible to receive a LSB treatment. Sideshow and other companies want to sell and a B or C character (DC, Marvel - Star Wars) is probably a no-go nowadays with 900-1000doll for a new piece. Are we ever going to see a Lobo LSB for an example ? Pretty impossible for Sideshow to sell over 300 pieces @ 1000d a piece for non-A list characters.

Regarding Star Wars, i would probably cry the day a LSB of Obi-Wan goes up for po. With translucent resin, acrylic eyes and a spot-on likeness of sir Alec Guinness!!! I have a custom one made some years ago (i think i paid 3k for that), but i always prefer licensed products.

Regarding this new Boba Fett LSB, ok it would be a new sculpt but it should be a) BIGGER (include some elements of his suit) and b) more screen accurate
That's why I'm mad Aquaman and Martian Manhunter busts won't get made. Wish they were made when these were $680 and had an es. The original seven in life size bust format would've been amazing. All I can hope now is Flash and Wonder Woman get made.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #47
forps

Quote:
That's why I'm mad Aquaman and Martian Manhunter busts won't get made. Wish they were made when these were $680 and had an es. The original seven in life size bust format would've been amazing. All I can hope now is Flash and Wonder Woman get made.
For Aquaman, there is a small possibility (after his solo movie is released and Aquaman as a character gets some "mainstream" love). Martian Manhunter LSB priced @ 1000dol would probably sell 80 pieces or less. NO WAY Sideshow would produce something so niche...@ 680dol there was a possibilty for morecollectors to buy a Martian Manhunter LSB in order to complete their DC line-up. With crazy prices today, no way, so ZERO chance... For Flash, i am not worried, he is going to be made along with a PFF (not the new atrocious Flash from Prime1 with that atrocious shiny and cheap looking 52 outfit)... Wonder Woman probably too, althought LSBs of women are a bit "weird" and dont sell too much.

Sideshow was too late to produce these LSBs and now the prices being asked from chinese factories, are rather outrageous. So only A-list characters will get the LSB treatment and its a pity, for us, the LSB collectors!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #48
BurningRage
Inhumans

Aquaman pf being discounted at Sideshow doesn't help. If they have problems selling a pf then it'll be harder selling a life size bust with open es and $980 price.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #49
forps

Quote:
Aquaman pf being discounted at Sideshow doesn't help. If they have problems selling a pf then it'll be harder selling a life size bust with open es and $980 price.
Yes, but Aquaman's collector's edition (regular one) is inferior vs the exclusive one (the additional portrait and hand are a MUST), it is a "mistake" Sideshow made. The regular edition is soooooo inferior vs the exclusive one and noone wants to buy a regular. The heavy discounts for the regular are easy to understand.

Aquaman is going to get a solo movie with Jason Momoa and his character will get some "mainstream" love. 90% of "new collectors" are ALL coming from movies. They dont know a sh..t about comics, my friend...Why is all this love for Wonder Woman lately? Its the "movie-push". Aquaman getting a solo movie and movie-hype will help his popularity so a LSB is a possibility. Martian Manhunter with an edition size around 70-80 pieces only, NO WAY. Too pricey and too "niche" as a character.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #50
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

If they don't show up with a Wonder Woman or Flash bust sometime in 2017 then I don't know what they are thinking...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote